Turbocharging a Chrysler Pacifica

Old December 8th 04, 07:46 PM
Jimmy

Default Turbocharging a Chrysler Pacifica

Got on this kick yesterday looking at Popular hotrodding online.

http://popularhotrodding.com/tech/0411phr_sts/

A remote mounted turbocharger that would fit my ls1 camaro, BUT I
thought after looking at the web page why not on the Pacifica. Remote
mounted turbo. No kit for the pacifica, but from what I see they have
looks very easy to fabricate a setup.

http://www.ststurbo.com

And looking around on the net, there's not much performance stuff for
the 3.5L But after looking at http://www.turbominivan.com was thinking
that a turbo would be cool on the Pacifica. Shockingly, the wife
disagrees.

Saw a link to a Pacifica called "Oblivion"
http://www.oblivionperformance.com/oblivion_pics.html but way too over
the top for my tastes. Interestingly enough, they somehow stuck a
freakin Novi supercharger in there.
http://www.oblivionperformance.com/oblivion_2.jpg

Old December 8th 04, 11:39 PM
Bill Putney

Jimmy wrote:

> Got on this kick yesterday looking at Popular hotrodding online.
>
> http://popularhotrodding.com/tech/0411phr_sts/
>
> A remote mounted turbocharger that would fit my ls1 camaro, BUT I
> thought after looking at the web page why not on the Pacifica. Remote
> mounted turbo. No kit for the pacifica, but from what I see they have
> looks very easy to fabricate a setup.
>
> http://www.ststurbo.com
>
> And looking around on the net, there's not much performance stuff for
> the 3.5L But after looking at http://www.turbominivan.com was thinking
> that a turbo would be cool on the Pacifica. Shockingly, the wife
> disagrees.
>
> Saw a link to a Pacifica called "Oblivion"
> http://www.oblivionperformance.com/oblivion_pics.html but way too over
> the top for my tastes. Interestingly enough, they somehow stuck a
> freakin Novi supercharger in there.
> http://www.oblivionperformance.com/oblivion_2.jpg

You might be interested in this thread on the 300M Enthusiast's forums:
http://300mclub.100megs42.com/forums...ghlight=#68771

Topic is remote turbos specific to the 300M which as you know, uses the
3.5L. STS is mentioned in the discussion.

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')
Old December 8th 04, 11:39 PM
Bill Putney

Old December 9th 04, 03:22 AM
Jimmy

Thanks, Bill. Checked it out and will watch the thread.

I'm skeptical you can mount a turbocharger so far away from the engine and
then get 5psi at the throttle body. BUT 4 Guys Garage is doing a show on it
Dec 30th (for the LS1 chevys, anyway)

If it works, it's VERY cool. Longevity etc I wonder about. I would hate to
drop 4 grand worth of parts on the highway. And the air intake being behind
the rear wheels doesn't thrill me at all. Water infiltration seems like a
huge issue. Less on a truck though. The real beauty of this though (IF it
works well) is not having to find space in an already cramped engine
compartment.

Old December 9th 04, 03:22 AM
Jimmy

Old December 9th 04, 06:48 PM
jushil

There is a turbo for a Pacifica. It a has the same engine at the 300m.
So search for a turbo charger for a 300m and you will find it. It is a
3.5L engine that is no different the the regular 3.5L engine.

Old December 9th 04, 06:48 PM
jushil