Bill Bashing

Old December 14th 06, 05:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Carl[_3_]

Default Bill Bashing

I've been reading this forum for around two years now. Bill responds
with a helpful link, information, and and answer to my question around
eighty percent of the time. Ten percent of the time, he responds with
something helpful. The other ten percent, he doesn't respond or doesn't
know.

I think I'm probably one of the last frequent posters to comment on
this whole Bill-Bashing thing, as I've tried to keep my nose out of it. Most
of you know I usually avoid internet 'politics' (remember the guy who
threatened to 'beat my ass' because I reccomended a spring-over for a YJ?).

I won't post my DD-214. Why? I don't have anything to prove and if
someone on the internet doesn't belive I did my best to serve my country
then I really don't give a flying small block chevy. Frankly, I just don't
give a **** if someone insults me through a keyboard. Every insult thrown my
way through a keyboard and delivered through usenet passes unmarked.

Here's what I know. Bill is old, and set in his ways. When he was young,
times were different. He can probably be an ass. He is opinionated and
stubborn. He's quick to challenge when he feels someone is wrong about
something. He's also knowledgeable and helpful. He has gone through the
trouble of cataloging damn near everything Jeep on the internet on his
personal web site, and makes that availible to all of us.

Maybe the goat posts cloud our once lovely Jeep haven. Maybe Bill
brought it on himself. I will return to my previous statement. I just don't
give a ****. Suck up and be a man (or woman) about it. Set up your spam
filters. Delete the garbage on-site. If you have young children, check the
board and clean it up for them first, or just teach them that there are
stupid people doing stupid things. Parents, you can only depend on
yourselves to protect or teach your children.

I honestly feel that this newsgroup would be worse off without Bill. But
being probably around 1/4 of Bill's age, what do I know?

Carl

PS. Yeah, I know I probably made several spelling and gramatical errors. Who
cares?

Old December 14th 06, 06:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Daniel Bibbens

"Carl" > writes:

> I've been reading this forum for around two years now. Bill responds
> with a helpful link, information, and and answer to my question around
> eighty percent of the time. Ten percent of the time, he responds with
> something helpful. The other ten percent, he doesn't respond or doesn't
> know.
>
> I think I'm probably one of the last frequent posters to comment on
> this whole Bill-Bashing thing, as I've tried to keep my nose out of it. Most
> of you know I usually avoid internet 'politics' (remember the guy who
> threatened to 'beat my ass' because I reccomended a spring-over for a YJ?).
>
> I won't post my DD-214. Why? I don't have anything to prove and if
> someone on the internet doesn't belive I did my best to serve my country
> then I really don't give a flying small block chevy. Frankly, I just don't
> give a **** if someone insults me through a keyboard. Every insult thrown my
> way through a keyboard and delivered through usenet passes unmarked.
>
> Here's what I know. Bill is old, and set in his ways. When he was young,
> times were different. He can probably be an ass. He is opinionated and
> stubborn. He's quick to challenge when he feels someone is wrong about
> something. He's also knowledgeable and helpful. He has gone through the
> trouble of cataloging damn near everything Jeep on the internet on his
> personal web site, and makes that availible to all of us.
>
> Maybe the goat posts cloud our once lovely Jeep haven. Maybe Bill
> brought it on himself. I will return to my previous statement. I just don't
> give a ****. Suck up and be a man (or woman) about it. Set up your spam
> filters. Delete the garbage on-site. If you have young children, check the
> board and clean it up for them first, or just teach them that there are
> stupid people doing stupid things. Parents, you can only depend on
> yourselves to protect or teach your children.
>
> I honestly feel that this newsgroup would be worse off without Bill. But
> being probably around 1/4 of Bill's age, what do I know?
>
> Carl
>
> PS. Yeah, I know I probably made several spelling and gramatical errors. Who
> cares?

Ditto. Well said and well done.
Old December 14th 06, 06:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

Default Off Topic Bill Bashing

Thank you.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old December 14th 06, 06:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
noneofyourbusiness

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 22:00:24 -0800, Daniel Bibbens
> wrote:

>"Carl" > writes:
>
>> I've been reading this forum for around two years now. Bill responds
>> with a helpful link, information, and and answer to my question around
>> eighty percent of the time. Ten percent of the time, he responds with
>> something helpful. The other ten percent, he doesn't respond or doesn't
>> know.
>>
>> I think I'm probably one of the last frequent posters to comment on
>> this whole Bill-Bashing thing, as I've tried to keep my nose out of it. Most
>> of you know I usually avoid internet 'politics' (remember the guy who
>> threatened to 'beat my ass' because I reccomended a spring-over for a YJ?).
>>
>> I won't post my DD-214. Why? I don't have anything to prove and if
>> someone on the internet doesn't belive I did my best to serve my country
>> then I really don't give a flying small block chevy. Frankly, I just don't
>> give a **** if someone insults me through a keyboard. Every insult thrown my
>> way through a keyboard and delivered through usenet passes unmarked.
>>
>> Here's what I know. Bill is old, and set in his ways. When he was young,
>> times were different. He can probably be an ass. He is opinionated and
>> stubborn. He's quick to challenge when he feels someone is wrong about
>> something. He's also knowledgeable and helpful. He has gone through the
>> trouble of cataloging damn near everything Jeep on the internet on his
>> personal web site, and makes that availible to all of us.
>>
>> Maybe the goat posts cloud our once lovely Jeep haven. Maybe Bill
>> brought it on himself. I will return to my previous statement. I just don't
>> give a ****. Suck up and be a man (or woman) about it. Set up your spam
>> filters. Delete the garbage on-site. If you have young children, check the
>> board and clean it up for them first, or just teach them that there are
>> stupid people doing stupid things. Parents, you can only depend on
>> yourselves to protect or teach your children.
>>
>> I honestly feel that this newsgroup would be worse off without Bill. But
>> being probably around 1/4 of Bill's age, what do I know?
>>
>> Carl
>>
>> PS. Yeah, I know I probably made several spelling and gramatical errors. Who
>> cares?
>>

>Ditto. Well said and well done.

What they said...
....plus, "it takes TWO to tango".

We get that some people have a problem.
There's no need to repeat it ad nauseam.

Old December 14th 06, 03:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
[email protected]

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III wrote:
> Thank you.
> God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
> http://www.billhughes.com/

I still love this: O|||||||O

Old December 15th 06, 02:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jeffrey DeWitt

Thanks for saying something that needed to be said Carl, I agree.

Bill has been very helpful to me even if I don't have a "real" Jeep, and
is a real asset to this group. Every successful automotive newsgroup I
know of has a core of real experts, the two most apparent ones on this
group are Bill and Mike, I learn something from most all of their
posts... unless there are goats or script kiddies involved, those I just
ignore.

Jeff DeWitt

Old December 15th 06, 02:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
ufatbastehd

Same here, This was one of the first Jeep forum's I found and Bill and
Mike have indirectly taught me alot about jeeps
Thanks!

Old December 15th 06, 02:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Matt Macchiarolo

I have found Bill to be about equally helpful and annoying. While he does
provide a lot of good information, it often comes with a lot of unnecessary
baggage. And when he's obviously incorrect, it usually ends up in a flame
battle.

Would the group be better off without Bill? No, but I don't think it would
be much worse off, either, since there are so many other knowledgeable
people, and the signal to noise ratio will probably improve. For the time
being he will remain in my killfile until he is able to resist feeding his
trolls.

ups.com...

Old December 17th 06, 01:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Bill Kearney[_1_]

> I honestly feel that this newsgroup would be worse off without Bill.

+1, I agree.
Old December 17th 06, 01:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Dave Milne[_1_]

ditto.

--
Dave Milne, Scotland