Need Jeep Audio Advice

Old June 27th 05, 09:13 PM

Default Need Jeep Audio Advice

Hello,
I have a 1993 Jeep Wrangler/YJ and I am interested in upgrading the
stereo. Currently the stereo includes an old Alpine CD Player, and
stock speakers (plus soundbar).

I would like to upgrade the stereo as I am a bit of an audiophile, but
I have two concerns: security and safety.

I have a better MP3 Deck coming, and I purchased some Kenwood 4"'ers
for the soundbar. Now I would also like to get some good 6x9's and
possibly a subwoofer.

As to security:
I have a Clifford alarm, and am not too worried about theft with the
hardtop on. However, does anyone have suggestions for mounting stuff so
that it is either concealed and/or difficult to steal? I was thinking
about bolting the possible 6x9s, sub, box, amp to the Jeep, and using
Torx bolts. Any ideas for mounting/bolting the deck so that it is theft
proof?
Anyone have tips with regards to this?

With regard to safety:
Since the Jeep is not exactly weatherproof, and can be used without a
top, I am worried about guarding stereo gear against the elements. The
deck is concealed underneath the dash, yet from underneath and behind
it is not sealed. Also, could I keep the amp underneath the rear seat
or in some kind of sealed container (what about heat)? Anyone have
advise with this?

And finally, two quick questions:
Any ideas on how to make the hood lockable?

And does anyone know how to mount a CD deck so that it is on an angle
in the dash?

Thanks

Old June 27th 05, 09:59 PM
Rusted

browse around this site

http://www.tuffyproducts.com/

Look at their security consoles and their speaker / storage boxes. They
will help keep your stuff dry, out of sight, and harder to steal. I think
it addresses all of your concerns.

oups.com...