Toyota Attempts Recall Information Site Shutdown

Old February 14th 10, 08:57 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Toyota

Default Toyota Attempts Recall Information Site Shutdown

Toyota Motor Sales has sent threatening letters attempting to legally
bully this site into shutting down.

Toyota Motor Sales have asked us to remove their logo from this site,
and in good faith, we have complied.

Yet they continue to pursue the closure of our associated Facebook,
Myspace, Google, Yahoo, Posterous and other accounts. They have
managed to close two of them.

Toyota's idea of 'cooperating' seems to be a one-way street .

And as far as the Toyota logo goes, it will be replaced by a
photograph of the front of my trucks hood. We will be happy to
entertain lawsuits claiming we cannot photograph our own personal
property and post it on the internet.

For some 'strange', this website's focus will be moving to a more
negative, complaint discussion based forum. It has been a 'sudden'
revelation, that concerned Toyota owners visiting our site will
naturally read the recall info, and then want to bitch about it.

Now they have a place. http://www.ToyotaBrakeRecall.org
Old February 14th 10, 09:21 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Paul[_41_]

Toyota wrote:
> Toyota Motor Sales has sent threatening letters attempting to legally
> bully this site into shutting down.
>
> Toyota Motor Sales have asked us to remove their logo from this site,
> and in good faith, we have complied.
>
> Yet they continue to pursue the closure of our associated Facebook,
> Myspace, Google, Yahoo, Posterous and other accounts. They have
> managed to close two of them.
>
> Toyota's idea of 'cooperating' seems to be a one-way street .
>
> And as far as the Toyota logo goes, it will be replaced by a
> photograph of the front of my trucks hood. We will be happy to
> entertain lawsuits claiming we cannot photograph our own personal
> property and post it on the internet.
>
> For some 'strange', this website's focus will be moving to a more
> negative, complaint discussion based forum. It has been a 'sudden'
> revelation, that concerned Toyota owners visiting our site will
> naturally read the recall info, and then want to bitch about it.

I read the one posted letter from Toyota that I could quickly
find at your site and I have to agree with Toyota.
Seems to me that using copyrighted material or trademarked
material without expressed written consent by the rights
holder is a violation of US law.
Old February 14th 10, 11:32 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Toyota

On Feb 14, 1:21*pm, Paul > wrote:
> Toyota wrote:
> > Toyota Motor Sales has sent threatening letters attempting to legally
> > bully this site into shutting down.

> > Toyota Motor Sales have asked us to remove their logo from this site,
> > and in good faith, we have complied.

> > Yet they continue to pursue the closure of our associated Facebook,
> > Myspace, Google, Yahoo, Posterous and other accounts. They have
> > managed to close two of them.

> > Toyota's idea of 'cooperating' seems to be a one-way street .

> > And as far as the Toyota logo goes, it will be replaced by a
> > photograph of the front of my trucks hood. We will be happy to
> > entertain lawsuits claiming we cannot photograph our own personal
> > property and post it on the internet.

> > For some 'strange', this website's focus will be moving to a more
> > negative, complaint discussion based forum. It has been a 'sudden'
> > revelation, that concerned Toyota owners visiting our site will
> > naturally read the recall info, and then want to bitch about it.

> I read the one posted letter from Toyota that I could quickly
> find at your site and I have to agree with Toyota.
> Seems to me that using copyrighted material or trademarked
> material without expressed written consent by the rights
> holder is a violation of US law.

besides the removed images, what material would that be exactly and
specifically?
seems toyota just wants to shut down any opposition , naturally...
Old February 15th 10, 03:07 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Clive[_2_]

In message
>,
Toyota > writes
>besides the removed images, what material would that be exactly and
>specifically?
>seems toyota just wants to shut down any opposition , naturally...

Your laws must be very different to ours. Over here statements are
treated as slander,(spoken) or libel, (in print) and once courts are
brought into the frame all discussion stops until after the case, it's
sub judice.
--
Clive

Old February 15th 10, 10:19 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
fred

Toyota > wrote in news:7041e5d2-315e-4338-a572-
:

> Toyota Motor Sales has sent threatening letters attempting to legally
> bully this site into shutting down.
>
> Toyota Motor Sales have asked us to remove their logo from this site,
> and in good faith, we have complied.
>
> Yet they continue to pursue the closure of our associated Facebook,
> Myspace, Google, Yahoo, Posterous and other accounts. They have
> managed to close two of them.
>
> Toyota's idea of 'cooperating' seems to be a one-way street .
>
> And as far as the Toyota logo goes, it will be replaced by a
> photograph of the front of my trucks hood. We will be happy to
> entertain lawsuits claiming we cannot photograph our own personal
> property and post it on the internet.
>
> For some 'strange', this website's focus will be moving to a more
> negative, complaint discussion based forum. It has been a 'sudden'
> revelation, that concerned Toyota owners visiting our site will
> naturally read the recall info, and then want to bitch about it.
>
> Now they have a place.
http://www.toyota.com

Fixed your url so people can get *real* information.

I'd be PO'd too if someone was posting with *my* company and last name who
wasn't me. I hope you have deep pockets, you'll need them.

Old February 16th 10, 05:22 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 15:32:21 -0800, Toyota wrote:

> On Feb 14, 1:21Â*pm, Paul > wrote:
>> Toyota wrote:
>> > Toyota Motor Sales has sent threatening letters attempting to legally
>> > bully this site into shutting down.

>> > Toyota Motor Sales have asked us to remove their logo from this site,
>> > and in good faith, we have complied.

>> > Yet they continue to pursue the closure of our associated Facebook,
>> > Myspace, Google, Yahoo, Posterous and other accounts. They have
>> > managed to close two of them.

>> > Toyota's idea of 'cooperating' seems to be a one-way street .

>> > And as far as the Toyota logo goes, it will be replaced by a
>> > photograph of the front of my trucks hood. We will be happy to
>> > entertain lawsuits claiming we cannot photograph our own personal
>> > property and post it on the internet.

>> > For some 'strange', this website's focus will be moving to a more
>> > negative, complaint discussion based forum. It has been a 'sudden'
>> > revelation, that concerned Toyota owners visiting our site will
>> > naturally read the recall info, and then want to bitch about it.

>> I read the one posted letter from Toyota that I could quickly find at
>> your site and I have to agree with Toyota. Seems to me that using
>> copyrighted material or trademarked material without expressed written
>> consent by the rights holder is a violation of US law.

> besides the removed images, what material would that be exactly and
> specifically?
> seems toyota just wants to shut down any opposition , naturally...

Depends on how much of a l00se cannon you are.