Anyone else see Letterman tonight regarding Toyota

Old February 3rd 10, 05:58 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

Default Anyone else see Letterman tonight regarding Toyota

If not, try to find it on youtube, someone must have posted it.
Old February 3rd 10, 06:44 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

I never watch ''those'' tv shows.
The Great Scout & Cathouse Thursday is on the Western channel right now.

Speaking Irish,,,,
What did he say? What did he say? What did he say?
cuhulin

Old February 3rd 10, 01:44 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

"Ashton Crusher" > wrote in message
> If not, try to find it on youtube, someone must have posted it.

You can see it he
http://www.freep.com/article/2010020...ota-for-recall

Old February 4th 10, 12:00 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
ben91932

On Feb 3, 5:44*am, "hls" > wrote:
> "Ashton Crusher" > wrote in message

> > If not, try to find it on youtube, someone must have posted it.

> You can see it hehttp://www.freep.com/article/2010020...Jon-Stewart-ri...

The Toyotathon of Death... that was a hoot...
Old February 4th 10, 12:31 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Vic Smith

On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 16:00:14 -0800 (PST), ben91932
> wrote:

>On Feb 3, 5:44Â*am, "hls" > wrote:
>> "Ashton Crusher" > wrote in message

>> > If not, try to find it on youtube, someone must have posted it.

>> You can see it hehttp://www.freep.com/article/2010020...Jon-Stewart-ri...

>The Toyotathon of Death... that was a hoot...

Talk about a turnaround for Toyota "perceptions".....
Hard to believe.
And I get no joy from it. Sort of saddens me.
OTOH, no corporation gets my sympathy either.
More saddened for the owners who have "faith."
They might abandon Toyota for Ford or GM, and come to even deeper
tragedy.
Of course, it's all overblown - unless it happens to you.

--Vic

Old February 4th 10, 12:47 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Now it is Prius brake pedal problems.

Toyota reportedly receiving complaints over Prius brakes After
accelerator recall, the other pedal is now causing problems
http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=283083

The shoe is on the other foot?
cuhulin

Old February 4th 10, 12:51 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Tegger[_2_]

Vic Smith > wrote in
:

> OTOH, no corporation gets my sympathy either.

I'll bet you love governments, though.

> More saddened for the owners who have "faith."
> They might abandon Toyota for Ford or GM, and come to even deeper
> tragedy.
> Of course, it's all overblown - unless it happens to you.

There have been exactly twelve (12) actual confirmed incidents of stuck gas
pedals on Toyotas since October. Worldwide. Over 2.3 million vehicles.

That's 0.00052%, if you've not bothered to do the math yourself.

And if you're that concerned about runaway cars, why don't you attack Ford
too? They currently account for 28% of all unintended acceleration
incidents.

--
Tegger

Old February 4th 10, 01:19 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Vic Smith

:

>> OTOH, no corporation gets my sympathy either.

>I'll bet you love governments, though.

You lost your bet.
What was the wager?

--Vic
Old February 4th 10, 02:09 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

> wrote in message
> Now it is Prius brake pedal problems.
>
> Toyota reportedly receiving complaints over Prius brakes After
> accelerator recall, the other pedal is now causing problems
> http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=283083
>
> The shoe is on the other foot?
> cuhulin

No, the shoe is one your Dodge.. A disc is on the other foot.

Old February 4th 10, 02:18 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Holding a button down for about four seconds to stop a runaway
Toyota.Sheesh, I don't know,,, How Ludicrous (if that is a fair
word/term to use?) does it get? I don't ever want to own any kind of
so-called modern technology vehicle with that troublesome computerized
fly by wire stuff.Aints ah ever gonna happen with me.Never!
cuhulin