Homelink Lost Power

Old October 25th 06, 07:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
brazzle

Default Homelink Lost Power

Hello All,

I just bought a 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer with the HomeLink system
installed. I love everything about it except the fact that the HomeLink
doesn't work! I believe the only problem is no power to the unit. There
are no lights lighting up; however, I tried programming it anyway on a
compatible garage door opener and it still does not work. I did not buy
a warranty on the vehicle, but I have an agreement with the dealership
to get any repairs necessary fixed in 30 days - they are giving me
grief over the HomeLink system, however, because it is not made by
Ford. Instead of dancing with the dealer, I would like to try and fix
the problem myself. I checked all the fuses that I could think of to be
related to the system, but none appear to be damage. I have 2
questions:

1) Which fuse is responsible for the HomeLink system
2) How can I removed the cover on the system to check the wiring

any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you

Old October 25th 06, 08:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Bill Hall

Couple of questions. Does the recorder work? I ask this for a specific
reason. I have had some concern with the Home link on my 99 Ex since I
bought it. Namely the "roving type garage door opener! I have one button
that will work ,but only on a non roving door. The recorder works fine. So I
guess the ? is, does the recorder light/ delete light come on?
More to come :>)
Bill
oups.com...

Old October 27th 06, 03:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
brazzle

By recorder do you mean part of the HomeLink unit? If so, no, none of
the lights come on.

I also have looked at HomeLink's site and spoken with them on the
phone, to no avail.