Teenagers?? Anyone Out There

Old August 30th 06, 03:13 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_1_]

Default Teenagers?? Anyone Out There

Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), Speeders & Drunk
Drivers are MURDERERS (a.k.a. Saddam) left this bull**** spewed all over
rec.autos.driving:

> Teenagers should not be allowed to drive and are definitely not
> allowed in this NG. Sorry.

Sez who?? You???? ROTFLMAO!!!!!

AFAIC, Gary's words are welcome in this group, whether you like it or
not.

--
F ools &
B umbling
Old August 30th 06, 03:18 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
N8N

necromancer wrote:
> Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), Speeders & Drunk
> Drivers are MURDERERS (a.k.a. Saddam) left this bull**** spewed all over
> rec.autos.driving:
>

> > Teenagers should not be allowed to drive and are definitely not
> > allowed in this NG. Sorry.

> Sez who?? You???? ROTFLMAO!!!!!
>
> AFAIC, Gary's words are welcome in this group, whether you like it or
> not.

Agreed. Seemed like a reasonable, civil post as opposed to most of
yours.

nate

Old August 30th 06, 03:21 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_1_]

Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), GaryFenza said in
rec.autos.driving:
> im 16, and i have a 2001 Grand Prix SE, just wandering if there are any
> other TEENAGE drivers out there and what do you drive...im new
> so.....trying to get an idea of whos on the site, and its always cool
> to hear from drivers more my age, hehe

Not too many teens here, but if you just want to discuss driving (be it
driving technique, griping about other drivers, the law or whatever
driving related), you've come to the right place. Just a word of advice
on this group: If you just treat the poster currently calling itself
"Speeders And Drunk Drivers Are Murderers," as comic relief (you came in
just after it changed its persona from "Laura Bush murdered her
boyfriend / laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE") and just laugh at it,
reading this group becomes much easier.

As for me, when I was a teen years ago, my first car was a '76 Ford
Granada that was a hand-me-down. Some of my friends liked it because it
had the '302 V8 engine. I just liked having something that was mine that
was easy to work on and do minor maintenance on my own. Unlike the
succesion of Tauruses that have followed, though the SES that usually
sits in the garage can be spirit moving in the right conditions.

--
N exus of
S tupid
Old August 30th 06, 04:04 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_1_]

Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), N8N said in
rec.autos.driving:

> Agreed. Seemed like a reasonable, civil post as opposed to most of
> yours.

??
Old August 30th 06, 04:34 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Martin[_2_]

necromancer wrote:
> Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), N8N said in
> rec.autos.driving:
>

> > Agreed. Seemed like a reasonable, civil post as opposed to most of
> > yours.

> ??

Don't get your panties in a bunch.
As a lurker, even I could tell "yours" was obviously meant to apply to
the troll - S&DDAM (an extra attribution up)

Old August 30th 06, 08:04 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Bill Funk

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 07:00:04 GMT, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are
MURDERERS > wrote:

>On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 20:24:16 -0700, GaryFenza
> wrote:
>

>>im 16, and i have a 2001 Grand Prix SE, just wandering if there are any
>>other TEENAGE drivers out there and what do you drive...im new
>>so.....trying to get an idea of whos on the site, and its always cool
>>to hear from drivers more my age, hehe

>Teenagers should not be allowed to drive and are definitely not
>allowed in this NG. Sorry.

That nice young man in the white jacket gives you those medications
for a reason; take them. Following all the procedures might let you
out sooner, so it's really in your best interest.
Do you tell the doctor about all of the things you write here? It's
probably a good idea, because it will help him help you.
On second thought, since you're allowed on Usenet, I'm sure there's a
keylogger in use; it's for your own good.
--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"
Old August 30th 06, 10:30 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
betrtimes

GaryFenza wrote:
> im 16, and i have a 2001 Grand Prix SE, just wandering if there are
> any other TEENAGE drivers out there and what do you drive...im new
> so.....trying to get an idea of whos on the site, and its always cool
> to hear from drivers more my age, hehe

30 years ago, when I was 16.... I was driving a 1969 Pontiac Bonneville

428 Quadrajet, room to jam 7 of my friends in the car, and go cruising.

premium LEADED gas (97 octane), was 75 cents a gallon or so.

6 miles to the gallon, but we rode in style

Old August 31st 06, 04:32 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Magnulus

I am not a teen but I guess I am a "new driver"

I have only been driving for about 2 1/2 years. I got my full license at
age 28. For medical reasons many years I just did not drive. I was not
confident at all in my vision and as a dude with a learner permit and long
past the invincibility stage, I was scared out of my pants- I did alot of
driving with my mom on short trips until I worked things out and got my
license. The last couple of years, 3 years or so, I've been seeing a better
eye doctor who recommended prismatic lenses and my eyes function alot
better.

My current rides:

125cc Yamaha Vino (scooter)
50cc Honda Metropolitan (also a scooter)
2001 Jetta Turbodiesel (that one is a car, last time I checked)

Miles driven? Probably a couple thousand. Accidents logged- none, though
I had a close call about a month ago with a dark car (good thing they were
going about 20 mph and had good brakes), it was twilight, and I was broiling
in the heat, a bit lost, and not paying full attention (lesson learned- pull
over and take off the sunglasses, don't ride around places you aren't
familiar with, etc. Honestly I've forgotten who had the right of way- it
seemed at the time that I did, but the other driver probably did not see me,
I still should have been more defensive.

The longest I've driven is an hour or so to the airport. I like short
trips.

And watch out for us bikers, please do not hit us. Lots of young people
just don't see bikes, because they aren't looking for them. Stay safe,
don't take flack for being a young driver, drive responsibly (read up on
safe driving practices- chanecs are your local DMV has only scratched the
surface) and you'll do OK.

Old September 5th 06, 05:39 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
poormillionaire2[_1_]

Well, I'm 19, if that comes close.
My fun car is a 94 Camaro Z28.
My daily driver/beater vehicle is a 86 Ford F-150 that isn't much
better on gas mileage than the Z. But it helps keep miles off the Z.

--
poormillionaire2
poormillionaire2's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=228782

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old September 5th 06, 09:52 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Ed Pirrero

gpsman wrote:
> Scott en Aztlán wrote: <brevity snip>
> > You'll have a pretty tough time finding other teenagers here.

> There are more than enough adolescent minds to go around in r.a.d.

The irony is hilarious.

E.P.