World wide, it's about the revenue.

Old January 10th 05, 06:33 PM
Brent P

Default World wide, it's about the revenue.

Once again, those in the profit stream behind automated traffic
enforcement are caught with either sloppy use of the equipment or
outright setting it up to generate more tickets.

http://www.pistonheads.com/speed/def...p?storyId=9689

GATSOS OVER-READ YOUR SPEED

Gatso-based evidence could be responsible for convicting thousands of
innocent motorists, according to research by David Edgar, a retired
electronics engineer and former professional inventor.

The Gatso speed cameras he has investigated over-estimated motorists'
speed by up to 25 per cent because the time between the two flash
photography images, which constitutes legal evidence on which prosecution
is based, was much longer than specified.

<...>

After receiving his summons, Edgar became suspicious of the accuracy of
the Gatso-based evidence and developed a laser aligned, optically
triggered digital timer that measures to an accuracy within 1/100th of a
second the time lapse between the two flashes produced by a Gatso speed
camera.

<...>

Having tested the opto-digital timer on a number of Gatso speed camera
sites including Newtown Birmingham, Walsall and Cannock area, Edgar soon
discovered that well over 80 per cent of them were inaccurate. In
particular, there were serious timing errors between the two flashes
which are supposed to flash at exactly half a second (500 milliseconds)
apart.

<...>

Having now investigated and researched the Gatso method of speed camera
entrapment the police and CPS are relying on Mr Edgar said . I have also
discovered some other disturbing facts that affect the accuracy and
reliability of the entire measuring system, these will be brought to the
attention of the Birmingham Magistrates Court on Thursday 13 January
2005, come along it should be an interesting day in court..

Paul Smith, founder of the Safe Speed road safety campaign commented, "If
Mr Edgar's claims are proven then almost everyone convicted by a Gatso
speed camera will be able to apply to have their case reopened. I have
spoken to Mr Edgar and his extensive research seems unequivocal."

Old January 11th 05, 05:55 AM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

So lets stop handing out fines and give these deadly speeders the
prison sentences they deserve.

Old January 11th 05, 05:55 AM

Old January 11th 05, 10:19 AM
Mot Adv-NSW

"Laura Bush murdered her boy friend" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> So lets stop handing out fines and give these deadly speeders the
> prison sentences they deserve.

No, target those driving dangerously.

In my NT we have no open road speed limit signalled by (///) sign, but
stupid driving, dangerous driving and 'lunatic speeds' come under police
notice.

I'd like to see you here Judy - I'd like to see 'what speed or speeds' you'd
drive at in this wide open and remote land.

Come on down - we want your money.

Old January 11th 05, 10:19 AM
Mot Adv-NSW

Old January 11th 05, 01:35 PM
Nate Nagel

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:

> So lets stop handing out fines and give these deadly speeders the
> prison sentences they deserve.

I'd agree with that, but only the deadly ones. The non-deadly ones get
nothing.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Old January 11th 05, 01:35 PM
Nate Nagel

Old January 11th 05, 05:55 PM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

>Nate Nagel Jan 11, 4:35 am
>I'd agree with that, but only the deadly ones. The non-deadly ones get

>nothing.

So you want to let people drive as fast as they want until they
actually kill someone??? You are the world's biggest criminal coddler.

Old January 11th 05, 05:55 PM

Old January 12th 05, 04:23 AM

No, you're the world's biggest moron. That you are incapable of noting
that is proof of that.

largest Audi centre in the world just opened in scotland u.k news.blueyonder.co.uk Audi 1 November 2nd 04 11:20 AM
another world out there? himes BMW 6 October 30th 04 10:34 PM
Dodge Magnum RT 2005 Real World Mileage GRL Dodge 2 September 24th 04 09:06 AM
Dream Cars, The Best Cars in the World Rare Old Things Antique cars 0 February 14th 04 05:38 AM