GTR sucks online

Old March 19th 05, 04:40 AM
artie beamer

Default GTR sucks online

GTR is a great racing sim, but the sad truth is that with the ****ty ass
F1 engine it is built on, the multiplayer will always suck. Its not so
much the lag (the join stutter is still there but less problematic), but
its the control over the host. I just did a race, and of course you need
like 10 people to vote to get the server to change sessions, then the
race starts. The start is all messed up, someone doesnt join to the pace
car doesnt know what to do. Once we finally get going, the car is still
sitting there at the start line and everyone plows into it. Great. Its a
real shame that this great game has to suffer through that horrible old
multiplayer.
Old March 19th 05, 05:29 AM

Great sim, just a shame it's built on top of an awful engine.

Old March 22nd 05, 06:51 PM
Larry

This is very interesting. If I hadn't of read the subject line first, I
could have swore you were talking about Nascar Sim Racing. "All New
Engine" - my ass...

-Larry

. ..

Old March 22nd 05, 06:53 PM
Larry

Your beloved NSR is built on the same engine.

-Larry

P.S. - Stand back folks. This is about the time his head starts shaking
back and forth, steam comes from the ears, the arms start flailing wildly
while all the time the words "Does not compute" are heard being muttered...

ups.com...

Old March 24th 05, 07:53 AM

Larry wrote:

> Your beloved NSR is built on the same engine.

Nice comeback.