Was I good or bad? Rolling roadblock busting.

Old January 3rd 05, 12:04 PM

Default Was I good or bad? Rolling roadblock busting.

So I was driving on a mostly flat & straight rural 2-lane expressway with
moderate traffic moving at reasonable & proper speeds. The right lane was
going a little slower than I like, the left lane a little faster. I move
left to pass & speed up a bit to avoid stacking up faster traffic, then back
to the right lane when possible to let the faster traffic pass me.

By & by, a driver in a Chrysler minivan (why is it so often a Chrysler
minivan?), hogging the left lane, with at least a dozen cars stacked up
behind it mile after mile, began sneaking up behind me. It was doing on
average about 1/2 mph faster than I was. I was dreading getting stuck in
this rolling roadblock, and sped up a bit to avoid it. The Chrysler never
went to the right lane, and there was never quite enough room (or bold
enough drivers behind it) to speed by on the right. Finallly after another
few miles I got tired of this.

When there was a clear-enough stretch (minus my own car) in the right lane,
I went to the left lane and slowed down a tad to maintain the opening on the
right. The van slowed behind me. All the traffic that was behind the
Chrysler sped by on the right, many of them giving one or both of us mimed
'instructions' to move over to the right. Without all that traffic behind
him, I could now move over to the right and not risk getting trapped in a
rolling roadblock, and I did. That was the end. (The Chrysler pulled right
also and did not try to pass me after that. It exited a few miles further
on.) No nasty gestures or quick swerves or anything like that from me.

So, is this action on my part something you condone or abhor? Why / why
not?

Old January 3rd 05, 02:09 PM
Furious George

> So I was driving on a mostly flat & straight rural 2-lane expressway

with
> moderate traffic moving at reasonable & proper speeds. The right

lane was
> going a little slower than I like, the left lane a little faster. I

move
> left to pass & speed up a bit to avoid stacking up faster traffic,

then back
> to the right lane when possible to let the faster traffic pass me.
>
> By & by, a driver in a Chrysler minivan (why is it so often a

Chrysler
> minivan?), hogging the left lane, with at least a dozen cars stacked

up
> behind it mile after mile, began sneaking up behind me. It was doing

on
> average about 1/2 mph faster than I was. I was dreading getting

stuck in
> this rolling roadblock, and sped up a bit to avoid it. The Chrysler

never
> went to the right lane, and there was never quite enough room (or

bold
> enough drivers behind it) to speed by on the right. Finallly after

another
> few miles I got tired of this.
>
> When there was a clear-enough stretch (minus my own car) in the

right lane,
> I went to the left lane and slowed down a tad to maintain the opening

on the
> right. The van slowed behind me. All the traffic that was behind

the
> Chrysler sped by on the right, many of them giving one or both of us

mimed
> 'instructions' to move over to the right. Without all that traffic

behind
> him, I could now move over to the right and not risk getting trapped

in a
> rolling roadblock, and I did. That was the end. (The Chrysler

pulled right
> also and did not try to pass me after that. It exited a few miles

further
> on.) No nasty gestures or quick swerves or anything like that from

me.

> So, is this action on my part something you condone or abhor? Why /

why
> not?

Hey dumbass, have you heard of something called Keep Right Except To
Pass. That's designed to protect innocent people from LEFT LANE
BLOCKERS like yourself. Just because you have a small penis and hence
nowhere to go, doesn't mean the rest of us should suffer. In
conclusion, FOAD.

Old January 3rd 05, 02:09 PM
Furious George

Old January 3rd 05, 04:05 PM
John Harlow

> Hey dumbass, have you heard of something called Keep Right Except To
> Pass. That's designed to protect innocent people from LEFT LANE
> BLOCKERS like yourself. Just because you have a small penis and hence
> nowhere to go, doesn't mean the rest of us should suffer. In
> conclusion, FOAD.

Reread it.

Old January 3rd 05, 04:05 PM
John Harlow

> Hey dumbass, have you heard of something called Keep Right Except To
> Pass. That's designed to protect innocent people from LEFT LANE
> BLOCKERS like yourself. Just because you have a small penis and hence
> nowhere to go, doesn't mean the rest of us should suffer. In
> conclusion, FOAD.

Reread it.

Old January 3rd 05, 04:35 PM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

If you'd just stop breaking the law by speeding, these problems would
never come up.