does toyota make a car that's sold as a chevy?

Old August 30th 06, 03:53 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
George

Default does toyota make a car that's sold as a chevy?

They called it the Toylet!

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 21:25:34 -0700, silicon212

Old August 31st 06, 01:00 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.toyota.camry
Hachiroku

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 04:02:09 +0000, I Love Edsels wrote:

> A toyota salesman in the seattle area (burien) told me recently that
> toyota makes a corolla-type car that's branded chevy.
> anyone know what the truth is on this question?
>
> thx
> Tom

I hope he isn't referring to the Cobalt.

Out here there is a dealer who is giving the impression on his radio ads
that the Cobalt is co-produced with Toyota, but it is not, and there is a
small, very FAST disclaimer at the end of the ad that says the Cobalt and
Corolla are mentioned for comparison purposes only.

I hope the Cobalt moves better with the same engine than it's HHR twin
does...UGH!

Old September 1st 06, 03:12 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota
Tomes

"Ray O" <rokigawaATtristarassociatesDOTcom> wrote in message
rvers.com...

> ": P" > wrote in message
>> the Nova which was sold in the later 80's was a Tercel.

> The Chevy Nova was based on the Corolla, not the Tercel.
>
> The Chevy Nova was later re-badged as the Geo Prizm.

Verifying that this is correct. I had one of those Nova's (Corolla), a 1985
one and it ran forever.
Tomes

Old September 1st 06, 06:59 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota
Reasoned Insanity

"Ray O" <rokigawaATtristarassociatesDOTcom> wrote in message
rvers.com...

> ": P" > wrote in message
>> the Nova which was sold in the later 80's was a Tercel.

> The Chevy Nova was based on the Corolla, not the Tercel.
>
> The Chevy Nova was later re-badged as the Geo Prizm.

Is it true that "Nova" actually means "No Go" in a few dialects of spanish?

Old September 1st 06, 07:21 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota
M.M.

http://www.snopes.com/business/misxlate/nova.asp
Old September 1st 06, 07:24 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
E Frank Ball III

In rec.autos.tech I Love Edsels > wrote:
> A toyota salesman in the seattle area (burien) told me recently that
> toyota makes a corolla-type car that's branded chevy.
> anyone know what the truth is on this question?

There is an old Chevy plant in Fremont California that was
taken over by Toyota and makes both Toyotas and Chevys now.
Both makes come off the same line.

--
E Frank Ball

Old September 1st 06, 11:16 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota
Mike Hunter

It did? Why would you get rid of a car like that? One can not buy a car
today that will last forever

mike

news

Old September 2nd 06, 11:58 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota

"Reasoned Insanity" > wrote in message

> Is it true that "Nova" actually means "No Go" in a few dialects of

spanish?

'No va' would essentially mean just that. Nova, single word, would not.
But in spoken Spanish,
it is close enough.