I need your help if you've sold an E30 325is recently

Old February 6th 05, 12:20 AM
Bruno

Default I need your help if you've sold an E30 325is recently

This is a plea for help...

I totaled my beautiful car (89 325is), and in between the tears I'm
trying to get some comps. As it turns out, the insurance company
slipped in an endorsement recently that limits what they will pay on
anything non-OEM on the car. I had a great 2.7 stroked engine amongst
other things and they're basically just considering the car as stock
with it's odometer mileage, and ignoring the fact that there are less
than 35K miles on a blueprinted engine. Hell, it was just broken in.

Anyway, more tears while I write this. If anyone has recently sold a
similar car, I would like to know where you are and what you sold it
for. Please email me back channel with this so I can keep good track
and perhaps ask more details about the cars. The email address is
below. It won't work to just reply to this.

Well, at least my wife's bimmer is still with us.

Thanks to all for your help. By the way, I may be parting it out. No
way I'm letting the insurance goons have it for salvage value. All the
damage was body.

Many thanks again,
Bruno (azbrunoATyahooDOTcom)
Old February 6th 05, 09:43 AM
Dave Plowman (News)

In article >,
Bruno > wrote:
> I totaled my beautiful car (89 325is), and in between the tears I'm
> trying to get some comps. As it turns out, the insurance company
> slipped in an endorsement recently that limits what they will pay on
> anything non-OEM on the car. I had a great 2.7 stroked engine amongst
> other things and they're basically just considering the car as stock
> with it's odometer mileage, and ignoring the fact that there are less
> than 35K miles on a blueprinted engine. Hell, it was just broken in.

You're lucky. ;-) In the UK, the insurance would very likely refuse a
claim on a vehicle with a non standard engine, unless they had approved
the modification.

--
*60-year-old, one owner - needs parts, make offer

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old February 7th 05, 03:36 PM
The Malt Hound

"Bruno" > wrote in message
> This is a plea for help...
>
> I totaled my beautiful car (89 325is), and in between the tears I'm
> trying to get some comps. As it turns out, the insurance company
> slipped in an endorsement recently that limits what they will pay on
> anything non-OEM on the car. I had a great 2.7 stroked engine
> amongst
> other things and they're basically just considering the car as stock
> with it's odometer mileage, and ignoring the fact that there are
> less
> than 35K miles on a blueprinted engine. Hell, it was just broken in.
>
> Anyway, more tears while I write this. If anyone has recently sold a
> similar car, I would like to know where you are and what you sold it
> for. Please email me back channel with this so I can keep good track
> and perhaps ask more details about the cars. The email address is
> below. It won't work to just reply to this.
>
> Well, at least my wife's bimmer is still with us.
>
> Thanks to all for your help. By the way, I may be parting it out. No
> way I'm letting the insurance goons have it for salvage value. All
> the
> damage was body.

Bruno,

Yes, by all means, if the insurance company does not give you what you
believe the car is worth, buy it back from them as salvage and then
you'll have the engine and other valuable parts. If you still want an
E30 you'd be able to easily find one to use as a transplant receiver.

-Fred W

Old February 7th 05, 08:13 PM
Neil

"Bruno" > wrote in message
> This is a plea for help...
>
> I totaled my beautiful car (89 325is),

<snip>
>I had a great 2.7 stroked engine amongst
> other things

<snip>

> Anyway, more tears while I write this. If anyone has recently sold a
> similar car, I would like to know where you are and what you sold it
> for.

<snip>

I don't how similar this is to your car, but there is a 325is with a 2.7
listed on roadfly right now.

http://www.roadfly.org/bmw/classifie..._DATE&dir=DESC

Good luck.

Old February 8th 05, 12:18 AM
Bruno

"The Malt Hound" <Malt_Hound@*no spam please*yahoo.com> wrote:

>"Bruno" > wrote in message
.. .
>> This is a plea for help...
>>
>> I totaled my beautiful car (89 325is), and in between the tears I'm
>> trying to get some comps. As it turns out, the insurance company
>> slipped in an endorsement recently that limits what they will pay on
>> anything non-OEM on the car. I had a great 2.7 stroked engine
>> amongst
>> other things and they're basically just considering the car as stock
>> with it's odometer mileage, and ignoring the fact that there are
>> less
>> than 35K miles on a blueprinted engine. Hell, it was just broken in.
>>
>> Anyway, more tears while I write this. If anyone has recently sold a
>> similar car, I would like to know where you are and what you sold it
>> for. Please email me back channel with this so I can keep good track
>> and perhaps ask more details about the cars. The email address is
>> below. It won't work to just reply to this.
>>
>> Well, at least my wife's bimmer is still with us.
>>
>> Thanks to all for your help. By the way, I may be parting it out. No
>> way I'm letting the insurance goons have it for salvage value. All
>> the
>> damage was body.

>Bruno,
>
>Yes, by all means, if the insurance company does not give you what you
>believe the car is worth, buy it back from them as salvage and then
>you'll have the engine and other valuable parts. If you still want an
>E30 you'd be able to easily find one to use as a transplant receiver.
>
>-Fred W

I just took back posession of the car and it's in the shop now. I
already bought another car but I'm hoping something good can be done
with this engine. It's way too good to toss. Still have not settled
with the insurance company since they are not willing to actually
appraise my car. That's why I'm looking for decent comps.

-Bruno

Old February 8th 05, 09:38 AM

You should check what you've agreed to in the insurance contract -
usually one can't just "slip in" extra clauses.

FS: OEM Rims off of my 94 325IS Network Admin BMW 1 May 25th 05 10:15 PM
325is wiper issue Omar BMW 0 November 24th 04 07:48 AM
94 325is - Bizzare Problem, Need Help! Omar BMW 2 October 26th 04 01:14 AM
Is there a good way to raise a power window manually? 1995 325is Nick Miller BMW 1 October 13th 04 04:20 PM