Draining cooling system on 1998 Stratus

Old August 24th 06, 06:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
[email protected]

Default Draining cooling system on 1998 Stratus

Last weekend, I attempted to change out the coolant in my 1998 Stratus
with the 2.4L engine. By touch, I was able to find the radiator drain,
but could not find a tool that would fit in the cramped space to turn
the valve.

I then thought about disconnecting the bottom radiator hose from the
engine. I was able to remove the clamp, but could not break the seal
between the hose and the fitting. Again, this was due to the limited
space. The engine was cold at the time, which may have contributed to
the tight seal.

Any suggestions of how to do this from those that have done this
before?

Thanks,

-KM