Grand Voyager - Sony Head Unit Problems

Old November 19th 04, 11:54 AM
HarryS

Default Grand Voyager - Sony Head Unit Problems

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else has come across the same problem before.

I have just installed a sony head unit into my Chrysler Gran Voyager
with the appropiate converter/harness adapter, but only the fron left
speaker works properley.
(There is a faint sound from the front right, but the door and rear
speakers dont work at all.)

When I put the original unit back in, then all the speakers work fine.

I have checked the wiring and cannot see any problems.

Has this problem happened to anyone else or is there a common problem
that I dont know about?

(Sony model is CDX-4000R)

Thanks
Old November 20th 04, 09:20 AM
Ted Mittelstaedt

"HarryS" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi,
>
> Just wondering if anyone else has come across the same problem before.
>
> I have just installed a sony head unit into my Chrysler Gran Voyager
> with the appropiate converter/harness adapter,

what model # of Sony is this? What year of van?

Ted

Old November 20th 04, 09:20 AM
Ted Mittelstaedt

om...

Old November 26th 04, 02:47 PM
HarryS

I figured it out. Although the wiring guides dont tell yoiu this, you
have to connect the two blue wires together. (3amp I think they were.)

This is to power the little amps whic are connected to the speakers
direct!

Old November 26th 04, 02:47 PM
HarryS