OMG! New Mazda Grills

Old May 14th 09, 04:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Frank Berger

Default OMG! New Mazda Grills

Lanny Chambers wrote:
> In article >,
> pws > wrote:
>
>> The 1990's are my favorite overall period, and the 1980's are the
>> worst

> You're too young, Pat, to remember 1958. For sheer excrescence,
> nothing beats a '58 Buick. Dunno what happened, maybe an asteroid hit
> Detroit; the 1955-57 models were, as a whole, quite pleasant.

My first car was a 56 Dodge Coronet, my second a '57 Chrysler Windsor. Both
had the push button automatic. The fins alone on the Chrysler weighed more
than my Miata, I think. I almost broke my leg when, parked on a hill, the
driver door swung closed on it. The engine went over 300,000 miles, but by
the end none of the doors would open, 3 of the windows were stuck up, one
down. That was in '66 when I was a sophomore in college. I had to get in
and out though the window that was stuck down.

Old May 14th 09, 06:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article > ,
"Frank Berger" > wrote:

> 3 of the windows were stuck up

If there's anything I hate, it's car windows that think they're better
than me...

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO
Old May 14th 09, 03:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
miker[_2_]

>> For sheer excrescence, nothing beats a '58 Buick.
> http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/...-limited-1.jpg

The '50 (the "snaggletooth") has a shot at the title too. I always loved
these.
http://www.carnut.com/cgi-bin/03/ima...me/fame101.jpg

miker

Old May 16th 09, 02:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

While I agree BMW has very much lost it's way design wise. The M3 and the
335 have had the 'Chris Bangle' design pretty much beat out of them. I could
easily live with either one and be quite proud of the look.

I think BMW has gotten too into electronic gadgetry. Their cars are hugely
complex and inevitably, more likely to have issues. I'd love to see a light
weight (simplified) version of the M3. CHEAPER, not $3,000 extra for them to
remove AC, radio, rear seat, sound isolation, power windows / locks, trip
computer .......

I know, don't bother saying it; WON'T HAPPEN. At least not w/o charging the
extra $.

Chris
99BBB

"XS11E" > wrote in message
. ..
> Domagoj Bagaric > wrote:
>
>> well I'm a fan of a lightweight racing thingie car type too,
>> but...
>>
>> take new m3. v8, comfort, has like 3gzillion kilos and still:
>>
>> a) faster than miata
>> b) corners better than mx-5
>> c) brakes better than eunos
>> d) etc
>>
>> only down side: roof + cost like a bitch house in miami
>>
>> stuff that in your pipe and smoke it

> Can it outrun the speed of light? If not, how can you leave the UGLY
> behind? Damn, they're hideous! I like the 1958 Buick better, it's
> ugly but it's not THAT ugly!!!!!!!!!!
>
> BMW has lost everything they ever had in the looks department and are
> now building cars that are so awful looking I can't imagine anyone
> wanting one? They used to be beautiful cars, the mid-70s coupes (CSLs)
> especially!

> The Usenet Improvement Project:
> http://improve-usenet.org

Dash Grills For 74 Vw [email protected] VW air cooled 1 August 18th 05 06:34 AM
What's with missing grills? [email protected] Ford Mustang 19 August 14th 05 10:15 PM
92 gti grills twdegraw VW water cooled 1 April 8th 05 07:29 AM
Stainless Steel Chrome Billet Grills. Highest Quality Grills. BilletAmerica.com General 0 February 25th 05 06:10 PM
wanted: 03 tj speaker grills matt Jeep 0 December 22nd 04 02:20 PM