gas leak?

Old October 7th 06, 03:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
dvs

Default gas leak?

I have a 1990 accord, manual 5 speed. Whenever I fill the tank with
gas, it leaks somewhere until it gets close to 1/2 empty. My question
is, what is the best way to fix the leak?
Thanks

Old October 7th 06, 06:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
TeGGeR®

"dvs" > wrote in news:1160229672.127682.239290
@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> I have a 1990 accord, manual 5 speed. Whenever I fill the tank with
> gas, it leaks somewhere until it gets close to 1/2 empty. My question
> is, what is the best way to fix the leak?
> Thanks

The gas filler neck overflow tube is rusted. Remove the plastic inner
fender liner and you'll see it.

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old October 9th 06, 05:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Matt Ion

TeGGeR® wrote:
> "dvs" > wrote in news:1160229672.127682.239290
> @b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:
>

>>I have a 1990 accord, manual 5 speed. Whenever I fill the tank with
>>gas, it leaks somewhere until it gets close to 1/2 empty. My question
>>is, what is the best way to fix the leak?
>>Thanks
>>

> The gas filler neck overflow tube is rusted. Remove the plastic inner
> fender liner and you'll see it.

Agreed, that's most likely... and if that is the case, it's probably a factory
recall item, and your local dealer should fix it for free.

Actually, I can't find that one listed as a recall for the '90 Accord, but it is
a recall item on the 3rd-gen ('86-'89) Accords - see he
http://www.autorecalls.us/aut-04/rec...ord/49845.html

You can always call the dealer or stop by, and have them run the VIN number, and
they'll tell you what recalls, if any, apply to your car.