02 Caravan sway bar bushings

Old December 11th 04, 10:00 PM
Rick

I ordered some MOOG bushings for the front bar. Oddly, they offer front
bushings, and rear sway bar links, but no front sway bar links in their
line. Do the rear ones go bad as quickly as the front links? As mic canic
suggested, I'll do the bushings first and see if that fixes the knocking.
Rick

Old December 16th 04, 02:55 PM
MoparMan

Rick,

Installing the front bushings is a breeze, just remove BOTH brackets to drop
the bar for access
to insert new ones. Note the shiny part of the bar from the rubbing of the old
ones as reference
for location of new parts.

Sway bar links are easily installed with the help of a pneumatic driver to
loosen the bolts. It's a pain
to use standard wrenches and a large star nut or allen wrench to loosen.
Hopefully, the sway bar bushings are the source of problems. Good luck.

MoparMan

Old December 16th 04, 02:55 PM
MoparMan

Old December 16th 04, 11:39 PM
Rick Yerke

I had my 1999 Dodge Caravan Sway bar bushings replaced last week and all
the weird thumps and creaks coming from the front of the van have gone
away.Many thanks to this newsgroup for your knowledge.

Rick Yerke
101 William St
PO Box 392
Moscow Pa. 18444
USA

Old December 17th 04, 05:15 AM
Rick

That's great news.
You should attempt to disguise your email address, unless you want spam.
Rick

Old December 17th 04, 05:15 AM
Rick

Old December 20th 04, 12:38 AM
Kevin

Do you know who make aftermarket greasable links?

Thanks,
Kevin

Old December 20th 04, 12:38 AM
Kevin

Old January 2nd 05, 08:05 PM
Rick

Chrysler engineering did it to the backyard mechanic again.
The sway bar bushing bracket on the passenger side is barely accessible thru
holes in the bottom plate, forget the one on the drivers side. They mounted
some device behind that one, and they suggest removing the bottom plate - 10
bolts to access it. The bushing brackets on my 96 van were in plain view,
right up front. The 2001 bracket is held by only one bolt and a nut.
I'll see if a garage will install these Moog bushings for me.
Rick