1988 750iL

Old November 27th 04, 07:51 PM
The Singers

Default 1988 750iL

Hi all,

I'm looking at a 1998 750 IL with just over 66K. I'm wondering what types of
experiences have been had and opinions have been learned from this
potentially fabulous vehicle.

It seems to be written up as to be an absolutely amazing car in all of the
materials I've read. It's an incredibly good deal, below dealer price
because it's been on the lot for 4 months (maybe because it's green, maybe
not). They have all the records. I've driven it at it seems fine. But,
consumer reports says that the '97 - '99 7 series is one to avoid.

What do you all think?

Thanks in advance,

Greg s

Old November 27th 04, 10:07 PM
DFS

> I'm looking at a 1998 750 IL with just over 66K. I'm wondering what types
> of
> experiences have been had and opinions have been learned from this
> potentially fabulous vehicle.
>
> It seems to be written up as to be an absolutely amazing car in all of the
> materials I've read. It's an incredibly good deal, below dealer price
> because it's been on the lot for 4 months (maybe because it's green, maybe
> not). They have all the records. I've driven it at it seems fine. But,
> consumer reports says that the '97 - '99 7 series is one to avoid.
>
> What do you all think?

I'd be inclined to bank an amount equal to the purchase price to cover
maintenance and repairs. NOTHING you will have to do on this car will be
cheap. NOTHING you will have to do on this car will be expensive. IT WILL
ALL BE VERY EXPENSIVE.

If you are interested in simply EXPENSIVE repairs, buy an 8 cylinder
7series. 12 cylinder is definitely not going to be an incredibly good deal
after you've started buying parts and service.

Do it yourselfer? Not a likely candidate you're looking at.

DS

Old November 27th 04, 11:45 PM
Dan Drake

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 12:51:46 -0600, "The Singers"
> wrote:

>I'm looking at a 1998 750 IL with just over 66K.

>But,
>consumer reports says that the '97 - '99 7 series is one to avoid.

There you have it, in a nutshell. What more information could you
*possibly* need?
--
Dan Drake
Old November 28th 04, 01:43 PM
GRL

Quick, run! Don't look back. Forget you ever saw it.

That car is well known as an "area in the space/time continuum into which
you throw money".

You'll be much happier. Go get something more reliable and cheaper to
repair, like a well thrashed E46 M3 with no warranty.

GRL

"The Singers" > wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking at a 1998 750 IL with just over 66K. I'm wondering what types

of
> experiences have been had and opinions have been learned from this
> potentially fabulous vehicle.
>
> It seems to be written up as to be an absolutely amazing car in all of the
> materials I've read. It's an incredibly good deal, below dealer price
> because it's been on the lot for 4 months (maybe because it's green, maybe
> not). They have all the records. I've driven it at it seems fine. But,
> consumer reports says that the '97 - '99 7 series is one to avoid.
>
> What do you all think?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Greg s

News==----

Newsgroups

Old November 30th 04, 11:19 PM
Nicik Name

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote in message
> Sounds like the 635i that you previously asked about is a no brainer in
> comparison to this monster. The 6cyl, 635i is a relatively simple machine

in

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....age_num ber=1

1988 750il for sale :\ BMW 6 November 24th 04 12:20 AM
Opinions of the 1988 735i ---Should I buy one?? Mark J. Amero BMW 7 November 20th 04 09:47 PM
1988 735i vs current 5 himes BMW 0 November 15th 04 09:56 PM
Front/Rear 4 circle emblem on 1988 5000 cs quattro turbo [email protected] Audi 5 September 2nd 04 02:57 PM
1988 Audi Quattro 90 -WIndow Issues- NEED HELP tedz Audi 3 August 30th 04 01:19 PM