accord hybrid pricing in SoCal

Old March 15th 05, 06:42 PM
dxmah

Default accord hybrid pricing in SoCal

Knowing that the new 2005 Accord Hybrid is a hot car, anybody have any
experiences with dealers/brokers that'll sell it at MSRP or below in the LA
area (or surrounding)?? Thanks! -d

Old March 16th 05, 01:26 AM
SoCalMike

dxmah wrote:
> Knowing that the new 2005 Accord Hybrid is a hot car, anybody have any
> experiences with dealers/brokers that'll sell it at MSRP or below in the LA
> area (or surrounding)?? Thanks! -d

likely none. you can try AAA, autobytel, sams club or costco. they all
offer pretty much the same deal.

forex: i am/was looking for a scion XA. merely out of curiosity, mind
you! figured it wasnt as "hot" as the XB or TC, so id get a bit of a
deal. i checked the costco site, and there are no scion dealers in the
program

for the accord hybrid, id expect to pay at least sticker. thats the
price for being a trend-setter. at best, they wont charge "additional
dealer markup".
Old April 13th 05, 03:31 AM
Tush Smells Bush Kills!!!!!!!!!!!

Recently saw one for $27,900.
It's definately not as popular as the Prius, which still sell for over
MSRP.

Old April 13th 05, 06:16 AM

Tush Smells Bush Kills!!!!!!!!!!! > wrote:
> Recently saw one for $27,900.
> It's definately not as popular as the Prius, which still sell for over
> MSRP.

Over the last few weeks, I've watched the local Toyota dealers start
advertising the Prius, as "order now", then "order now for delivery in five
weeks", then four, three, two, "available for delivery now".

I didn't check what the pricing was relative to MSRP.

--
---

Old April 13th 05, 06:27 AM
SoCalMike

Tush Smells Bush Kills!!!!!!!!!!! wrote:
> Recently saw one for $27,900.
> It's definately not as popular as the Prius, which still sell for over
> MSRP.

the prius is marketed toward the enviro-weenie technogeek. the accords
system is more designed to provide additional power.

i think priuses are cool, but id rather have an 88-91 Si hatch and have
the best of ALL worlds- power, sport, luxury. well, i consider power
windows luxury, and they do have em, right?