Latest Cobra Mustang To Soon Make Its Debut

Old March 8th 05, 02:18 AM

Default Latest Cobra Mustang To Soon Make Its Debut

Per BON:

----
Dearborn, Michigan. Ford Motor Company is set to introduce the
next-generation SVT Cobra Mustang at the New York International Auto
Show this March.

Ford Motor Company has one press conference scheduled for the NYIAS on
23 March at 1:00pm, est.

With the cancellation of the SVT Focus and SVT F150 Lightning, the SVT
Mustang remains the only product in SVT's lineup.
----

Patrick
'93 Cobra

Old March 8th 05, 01:33 PM
SVTKate

> wrote
|
| With the cancellation of the SVT Focus and SVT F150 Lightning, the SVT
| Mustang remains the only product in SVT's lineup.
| ----

Then they have no excuse for not making it the biggest, baddest, coolest
MOFO that hits the road this year!

Kate

Old March 8th 05, 02:33 PM
Scott Van Nest

I like your thinking.

Scott
ink.net...

Old March 8th 05, 03:43 PM

Seconded!

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake

Old March 8th 05, 05:31 PM
tony kujawa

"SVTKate" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> > wrote
> |
> | With the cancellation of the SVT Focus and SVT F150 Lightning, the SVT
> | Mustang remains the only product in SVT's lineup.
> | ----
>
> Then they have no excuse for not making it the biggest, baddest, coolest
> MOFO that hits the road this year!
>
> Kate

It will be a total disappointment if it is nothing less than a 500hp sub
12sec car that can be had for less than 40K.

Old March 8th 05, 07:09 PM

Damn, you don't have *any* expectations, do you?

-Wrath

Old March 8th 05, 08:03 PM
tony kujawa

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Damn, you don't have *any* expectations, do you?
>
> -Wrath

Well, they better come out with something that costs the same or less than a
vette and has similar numbers to the Z06 or it's going to be a
dissapointment. I can see a 400hp car for 35K, any more $ than that you'd
better be pushing out some serious hp.

Old March 8th 05, 09:58 PM
WraithCobra

What is it with some people? The Mustang never has and never will be in
competition with the Z06. If you want Z06 performance, you gotta' pay for
Z06 performance. The Z06 is going to be north of $65K, the Cobra is going to
be less than $40K. On the other hand, something close to plain Corvette
performance would be nice. Too bad the bean counters at Ford have decided
that and IRS is too costly. 450+ bhp from a Whipple charged Terminator 4.6
or aluminum Whipple charged 5.4 AND an IRS is what the Cobra needs. Going
fast in a straight line is not the only thing that interests me. Without
wanting to start another Vette Vs. Cobra argument, my Cobra IS faster than a
C5 and no matter what the nay-sayers think, handles quite well for a 3650
lb. pig. With a JLT RAI and a MagnaFlow cat-back I'm putting down 426 horses
and 401 lb.ft of torque at the wheels to move my pig, dynoed at Amazon
Racing on a Mustang dyno February 26th, 2005. If the new cobra can put down
those numbers stock and weigh less than mine, with similar mods it will be
faster in a straight line than the C6. Since Ford is whimping out on the IRS
I hope the make the best damn live axle set-up to come out of Detroit. If
not, and if I'm still interested in another Mustang, Roush will get my
money. I may, I said may, be looking elsewhere to get the performance I'm
looking for since Ford has again dropped the ball.
--
Mike
Silver 10th Anniversary Cobra Coupe

Old March 9th 05, 12:50 AM
punk-tilous

"WraithCobra" > wrote in message
> What is it with some people? The Mustang never has and never will be in
> competition with the Z06. If you want Z06 performance, you gotta' pay for
> Z06 performance. The Z06 is going to be north of $65K, the Cobra is going
> be less than $40K. On the other hand, something close to plain Corvette
> performance would be nice. Too bad the bean counters at Ford have decided
> that and IRS is too costly. 450+ bhp from a Whipple charged Terminator 4.6
> or aluminum Whipple charged 5.4 AND an IRS is what the Cobra needs. Going
> fast in a straight line is not the only thing that interests me. Without
> wanting to start another Vette Vs. Cobra argument, my Cobra IS faster than
> C5 and no matter what the nay-sayers think, handles quite well for a 3650
> lb. pig. With a JLT RAI and a MagnaFlow cat-back I'm putting down 426
> horses
> and 401 lb.ft of torque at the wheels to move my pig, dynoed at Amazon
> Racing on a Mustang dyno February 26th, 2005. If the new cobra can put
> down
> those numbers stock and weigh less than mine, with similar mods it will be
> faster in a straight line than the C6. Since Ford is whimping out on the
> IRS
> I hope the make the best damn live axle set-up to come out of Detroit. If
> not, and if I'm still interested in another Mustang, Roush will get my
> money. I may, I said may, be looking elsewhere to get the performance I'm
> looking for since Ford has again dropped the ball.
> --
> Mike
> Silver 10th Anniversary Cobra Coupe
> ---
>

> tony kujawa wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>>> Damn, you don't have *any* expectations, do you?
>>>
>>> -Wrath
>>>

>> Well, they better come out with something that costs the same or less
>> than a vette and has similar numbers to the Z06 or it's going to be a
>> dissapointment. I can see a 400hp car for 35K, any more $ than that
>> you'd better be pushing out some serious hp.

Regarding you comment about Roush, I certainly hope that they deliver a lot
more than they have with the 2005 Roush Stage 1 Mustang. Just saw one in my
local dealer and I was not terribly impressed. Stock engine and suspension.
Added some cosmetics like a wing, exhaust and paint job for about $8000
more.

Old March 9th 05, 01:00 AM
WraithCobra

ZombyWoof wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 15:58:43 -0500, "WraithCobra" >
> wrote something wonderfully witty:
>
>> What is it with some people? The Mustang never has and never will be
>> in competition with the Z06. If you want Z06 performance, you gotta'
>> pay for Z06 performance. The Z06 is going to be north of $65K, the
>> Cobra is going to be less than $40K. On the other hand, something
>> close to plain Corvette performance would be nice. Too bad the bean
>> counters at Ford have decided that and IRS is too costly. 450+ bhp
>> from a Whipple charged Terminator 4.6 or aluminum Whipple charged
>> 5.4 AND an IRS is what the Cobra needs. Going fast in a straight
>> line is not the only thing that interests me. Without wanting to
>> start another Vette Vs. Cobra argument, my Cobra IS faster than a C5
>> and no matter what the nay-sayers think, handles quite well for a
>> 3650 lb. pig. With a JLT RAI and a MagnaFlow cat-back I'm putting
>> down 426 horses and 401 lb.ft of torque at the wheels to move my
>> pig, dynoed at Amazon Racing on a Mustang dyno February 26th, 2005.
>> If the new cobra can put down those numbers stock and weigh less
>> than mine, with similar mods it will be faster in a straight line
>> than the C6. Since Ford is whimping out on the IRS I hope the make
>> the best damn live axle set-up to come out of Detroit. If not, and
>> if I'm still interested in another Mustang, Roush will get my money.
>> I may, I said may, be looking elsewhere to get the performance I'm
>> looking for since Ford has again dropped the ball.
>>

> If your Cobra is stock and you are willing to lose the title I would
> be more then happy to prove to you that it is not faster then a stock
> C-5 Corvette, but alias it is not. Now if I put the same amount of
> monies in a C-5 that you have already done your Cobra and you run
> stock boost, you'll still have your hat handed to you.

Ohh, I've put a whole $600 into my car, $450 cat-back and $150 CAI. And yes
it's faster than a C5, been there done that before the above mods.

> Why is it that the Cobra guys think they got something over a Corvette
> all the damn time. Buncha wannbes or what? Two different cars, for
> two different purposes.

I knew this would start another argument. I never said my Cobra was better
or had "something over a Corvette", I just said it was faster in a straight
line than a C5. My little $600 addition puts me almost 100 horses to the
ground more than a C5, that sure makes up for the few hundred pounds
difference. Stock for stock the Cobra will consistently run a faster 1/4
than a C5, most C5 owners know this. The Corvette IS a different vehicle
than a Mustang, it handles better and up until the Terminator has been
faster. My whole point was that Ford could have taken on the Corvette with
the next Cobra but has let the bean counters screw this up.

> Roush wants your money, so does the insurance companies, and your
> local LE Officers.

What the **** do you care where my $$ goes? If I choose to purchase a Roush
my insurance probably wouldn't be much different, just a bit more for the
extra value. And what the **** to the local police care what kind of car I
drive?