Magnum

Old December 10th 04, 05:33 PM

Default Magnum

I just read somewhere that the Dodge Magnum had the highest safety
grades of any new car on the market? is this true? does anyone know
anything about this? I am planning on buying one between chrsitmas and
new years and wanted to know if anyone knew more about this.

Old December 10th 04, 08:53 PM
Sarge

I just read somewhere that the Dodge Magnum had the
highest safety grades of any new car on the market? is this true? does
anyone know anything about this? I am planning on buying one between
chrsitmas and new years and wanted to know if anyone knew more about this.

Live in Louisiana try the dealership in LaPlace called Riverlands Chrysler
dodge and Jeep. Friendly dealership.
http://www.riverland.fivestardealers.com/index.cgi?dc=1 Ask for Vivian

Sarge

Old December 11th 04, 08:46 AM
Hoodoo

On 10 Dec 2004 09:33:41 -0800, wrote:

>I just read somewhere that the Dodge Magnum had the highest safety
>grades of any new car on the market? is this true? does anyone know
>anything about this? I am planning on buying one between chrsitmas and
>new years and wanted to know if anyone knew more about this.

Although the Magnum isn't mentioned, the article below should still
be of interest.

Chrysler Recalls 600,000 SUVs and Pickups

Friday, December 10, 2004 6:45 p.m. ET

DETROIT (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler's Chrysler division said on Friday
it was recalling about 600,000 Dodge Durango sport utility vehicles
and Dodge Dakota pickup trucks because of concerns about front wheels
separating from the vehicles' suspension.

The automaker, which has claimed major quality gains in recent years,
disclosed on Thursday that U.S. federal safety regulators had asked it
to recall the vehicles from the 2000 to 2003 model years.

Some of the SUVs and trucks have had problems with an important
suspension joint that Chrysler has blamed on corrosion in northern
states where salt is used to clear roads of ice.

Chrysler has sought to play down reports that right front wheels on
the vehicles can suddenly detach and fly off. But it acknowledged that
"in extreme cases" the corrosion problem could trigger "separation of
the front suspension."

It said front suspension upper ball joints on the vehicles would be
replaced at no cost to their owners.

In addition to the recall, which industry analysts expect to be a
costly one for Chrysler, the company said it would offer an extended
10-year or 100,000 mile warranty on the suspension upper ball joints
on 400,000 2000-2003 Durangos and Dakotas not affected by the safety
action.

Only four-wheel drive versions of the Durango and Dakota are affected
by the recall.

Chrysler said there had been no substantiated reports of injuries had
been linked to the recall.

--
Oh, smell your harmonica. Go on, smell it son." - Johnny 'Guitar' Watson
Old December 11th 04, 08:46 AM
Hoodoo

Old December 11th 04, 03:30 PM
Dan C

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 02:46:59 -0600, Hoodoo wrote:

> Although the Magnum isn't mentioned, the article below should still
> be of interest.

Since the Magnum isn't mentioned, and he asked about the Magnum, why would
the article be of any interest?

Linux Registered User #327951

Old December 11th 04, 03:30 PM
Dan C

Old December 15th 04, 09:54 PM

Yeah, that didn't really help me with the Magnum. I'd just heard it
has tested really well with regards to safety and was hoping to hear
some more about that. I'm still looking into buying one though.

Old December 15th 04, 09:54 PM

Old December 16th 04, 02:43 AM
charles irby

GM recalls a lot more then that all the time . and they need to recall
all of them . the dodge magnum and the chrysler 300 are great cars . i
have a dodge truck and a neon and they have ben great and will always
drive chrysler or dodge or plymouth ........

6-speed manual Dodge Magnum!!! GRL Dodge 24 October 1st 04 08:25 PM
Anyone buy/lease/drive a Magnum RT yet? Jeff Dodge 0 July 16th 04 02:58 AM
I drove an '05 Magnum Mr. A Dodge 6 May 29th 04 12:48 AM
Dodge Magnum, seen one? GRL Dodge 3 April 14th 04 04:06 PM