96 Accord slow drivers window???

Old February 24th 05, 04:48 AM
halo2 guy

Default 96 Accord slow drivers window???

To those of you that have experienced the typical slow drivers side power
window (up and down) on this car was the fix a new motor, lube the tracks or
something else?

Thanks in advance for your information.

Old February 24th 05, 06:57 AM
motsco_ _

halo2 guy wrote:
> To those of you that have experienced the typical slow drivers side power
> window (up and down) on this car was the fix a new motor, lube the tracks or
> something else?
>
> Thanks in advance for your information.

---------------------------

On the '97 - 2001 CR-V, the cure is to hose the lower (remove panel)
half of the tracks with silicone spray. That's what I read, anyway.

Does it CLUNK too, or just run slow?

'Curly'

Old February 24th 05, 06:57 AM
halo2 guy

it just runs slow...I thought I had read something about bad motors on this
year of accords but I can't find it now. I guess I will just try to oil
everything first.

Old February 24th 05, 04:09 PM
Remco

Be careful running it when it is this slow.
It is often an indication that it may need some lubing (it is also
cold, so the old lube is thick) so causing the extra stress could strip
the motor gear.

Remco

Old February 24th 05, 05:54 PM
motsco_ _

halo2 guy wrote:
> it just runs slow...I thought I had read something about bad motors on this
> year of accords but I can't find it now. I guess I will just try to oil
> everything first.

---------

Um, don't use OIL. The next two owners of your Honda will still be
cursing yor name.

'Curly'

Old February 25th 05, 03:13 PM
me

Mine is the same and so is my wife's 95. They have been running slow for
years and it gets even slower in the winter.
On my wife's we had it changed under warranty, in 98 I think, but the new
motor ended up doing the same shortly after.
I have them lubricated frequently by the dealer which temporarily alleviates
the problem. It is important to lubricate the tracks the glass runs on as
well with Teflon Spay to reduce friction. Don't use grease of any kind for
this or you will regret it for years.
There is no easy fix I'm told. The OEM motors that fit these cars (made by
Magna for Honda) are weak by design.
We just learned to live with it and help the glass along, up or down, but it
is a pain.