99' Accord Brake Squeak - just replaced brakes, rotor and rotor again

Old July 19th 05, 03:47 AM

Default 99' Accord Brake Squeak - just replaced brakes, rotor and rotor again

I'm hoping someone has a good idea for this one. I've got a 99 Accord
Ex 4-cyl. I just replaced the front brakes and rotors less then 2
months ago. It's got 95k on it right now and noticed that shortly
after replaceing the rotors and brakes that it started to squeak again.
Squeaking only occurs at slow speeds at first and then a few weeks
later, it was bad enough that it was audible at higher speeds and you
could feel a pulsating in the brake pedal when braking. The left front
rotor was obviously getting some hot spots on the outer half of the
rotor. I decided to replace the rotor in hopes that it was some form
of defect in the rotor, but less then a week later it's starting to
squeak again.

FYI, the pads slide easily so there shouldn't be any dragging. I could
go out and replace the pads again, but I hate to start sinking money
into something that may not fix the problem.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Old July 19th 05, 07:40 AM
SoCalMike

> Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

did you apply any "anti-squeal" to the back of the pads?
Old July 19th 05, 11:37 AM
Professor

These guys are right... you must install the anti-squeal hardware
correctly to eliminate your problem.

Professor
Check out FlashAlert at www.telstar-electronics.com

Old July 19th 05, 04:17 PM

Thanks for the suggestions all.

I am not using OEM pads/rotors. In this respect, does anyone know what
type of pad the OEM pads are, maybe I've got the wrong type of pad?
The anti-squeal shims are installed and I have used the anti-squeal gel
to the back of the pads.
I'm typically a pretty gentle braker.

Old July 20th 05, 02:00 PM

Haven't done the brake fluid flush yet, but it's due for it. I'll try
and give that a try this weekend.

The dangers of DRLs 223rem Driving 399 July 25th 05 11:28 PM
Accord 2000 - Question on Brakes wear SadaYama Honda 26 July 12th 05 06:00 PM
2000 Accord EX rear brakes time2bail Honda 1 February 23rd 05 08:33 PM
94 Accord Shifter Locked and Brake Lights Out Maxdad Honda 6 February 16th 05 08:03 PM
new 04 accord pulsing brake pedal chuck smoko Honda 8 December 11th 04 02:11 AM