State of Sim-Racing.....Rant

Old June 19th 06, 09:31 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default State of Sim-Racing.....Rant

Ok, I'll message the admin and I'm sure he'll quickly sort things out.

They usually have a few passworded servers running almost 24/7. Mod/tracks
are switched up by the admin, or we can change them to what we want. They
have extremely competitive monthly event races (about 50 drivers/many
familiar names), with heats and a main spread out over the weekend as well
as "second chance" type races for those that don't qualify for the main
during the heat races. Sponsors with prizes to the top finishers. There are
also weekly races on Tuesday and Friday nights which are much more casual
than the event races. Tracks and mods are available for download from the
site. Once you are signed up, just check the forum and you'll find all the
info.

--
David G Fisher

ups.com...

Old June 19th 06, 10:02 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

HK.com (Hudson Kerr) was the sponsor of this past weekend's event, and you
can read a recap of the weekend he
http://hudsonkerr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=350

--
David G Fisher

. ..

Old June 20th 06, 05:11 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Dave Henrie wrote:

> That is interesting. Are they burning their own copies? Heck, that
> sounds like a new cottage industry.

ISI posted a PR announcing it in March.

-jde
Old June 20th 06, 03:15 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

How newbie friendly are they?

-Larry

Old June 20th 06, 06:53 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

It's as friendly a league/club as you'll find Larry. RACER is still fairly
new itself, so everyone is welcome.

--
David G Fisher