Most realistic physics?

Old April 28th 06, 06:26 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default Most realistic physics?

RATS! Correction.....

Assists, particularly with FIXED races, hurt you more than they help. The
problem with assist is when they are allowed with OPEN Setup races. That's
when the bit-wranglers can tweak the setups to work in conjunction with the
aids to create unrealistic driving profiles. This is the main reason I only
race ***** FIXED *****setups, where the field is level. Aids are not always
a positive
with fixed setups.

Old April 28th 06, 06:27 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Re-read the line you quoted

-Larry

Old April 28th 06, 06:39 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

>>> A low-line rule helps prevent the inevitable intervention of human impatience and frutstration

>> True, but if it's before the pit stop what does it matter if someone
>> is low lining?

> Re-read the line you quoted

Ok, maybe it's just me that realizes it wouldn't matter in terms of
who finishes well? I do remember one open server that allowed low
lining, and although it was boring to see just one line of cars
running until players started pitting, the net result was fewer
incidents.

Old April 28th 06, 06:43 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

I've never been in a low-line-allowed race that didn't end up in misery for
the low-liner eventually.

-Larry

Old April 28th 06, 07:33 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

> I've never been in a low-line-allowed race that didn't end up in misery for the low-liner eventually.

Well the server in question only lastest about a week, but while it was
there, it was #2 or #3 in popularity. Maybe since it was announced that
low-lining was allowed, the players just accepted it or went to other
servers, but as I mentioned, far fewer incidents. Mostly a single
line of cars.

Old April 28th 06, 07:34 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

> I've never been in a low-line-allowed race that didn't end up in misery for the low-liner eventually.

I forgot to mention that the lead car before going into the pits was
rarely the winner of the race.

Old May 1st 06, 07:54 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Sounds like a blast (NOT).

-Larry

"Jeff Reid" > wrote in message
> Well the server in question only lastest about a week, but while it was
> there, it was #2 or #3 in popularity. Maybe since it was announced that
> low-lining was allowed, the players just accepted it or went to other
> servers, but as I mentioned, far fewer incidents. Mostly a single
> line of cars.

AGEIA Launches First Dedicated Physics Processing Card rms Simulators 3 March 24th 06 12:15 AM
GN1970 physics... Jan Kohl Simulators 45 December 1st 05 02:28 AM
R*volume*raduis2 c3po "Theroy of everything" zetasum Chrysler 0 February 18th 05 09:16 PM
GTP High Framerates=neutered physics TY Simulators 6 January 26th 05 08:38 PM
Most realistic mod for F1 Challenge Jiyang Chen Simulators 0 January 3rd 05 06:54 PM