Danger of death from Toyota!

Old January 22nd 06, 01:24 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default Danger of death from Toyota!

Details on a site:

http://www.autotrue.com/

Old January 22nd 06, 07:04 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

In article >,
"Alex" > wrote:

> Details on a site:
>
> http://www.autotrue.com/

Wow! Talk about coincidence - did you know your email address has the
same name as the website you posted?

AND, the website is written in Greek or Russian or something.

Here's waving to ya - \||||

Owen
___

'67BB & '72BB

-- not affiliated with JLA forum in any way -- alt.autos.corvette is
original posting --
___

"To know the world intimately is the beginning of caring."
-- Ann Hayman Zwinger
Old January 22nd 06, 02:09 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Barking Rats wrote:
> In article >,
> "Alex" > wrote:
>

>>Details on a site:
>>
>>http://www.autotrue.com/

> Wow! Talk about coincidence - did you know your email address has the
> same name as the website you posted?
>
> AND, the website is written in Greek or Russian or something.
>
> Here's waving to ya - \||||
>
> Owen

Well, there is an English language button. It's just someone's
Toyota-bashing dressed up as legitimate independent industry news. And
he's clearly no engineer, to make the silly 'expositions' and
conclusions he does!

-- V
Old March 18th 06, 10:59 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Ehh..so what? I used babelfish to translate some of the stuff. It
basically shows what we already know... crappy Jap steel not as bad as
China..but definately not what you'd expect on a Lexus. Cracks in gears,
shafts, etc. Kind of like buying a $3 pipe wrench made in China. I
wouldn't want to bear down on it.. Interesting site. I would have thought
Toyota could have done a little better. Ofcourse the car is shown in 6-8
inches of snow so some of this could be caused by extreme cold (maybe?)
especially mouldings which are held on either with cheap plastic clips or
glue.

-Stan

Old March 18th 06, 06:00 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

So - how much is the information worth, until we know who the website
belongs to ? I could say exactly the same thing about Corvettes - but it
wouldn't make it true.

BTW - Lexus now have an assembly line in Cambridge Ontario. And I notice
theat St. Petersburg Russia, may be about to get 4 new Lexus assembly
plants - is this sour grapes from a Russian competitor ?

news

Old March 18th 06, 06:20 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

"sbright" > wrote in message
news
> Ehh..so what? I used babelfish to translate some of the stuff. It
> basically shows what we already know... crappy Jap steel not as bad
> as China..but definately not what you'd expect on a Lexus. Cracks
> in gears, shafts, etc. Kind of like buying a $3 pipe wrench made in
> China. I wouldn't want to bear down on it.. Interesting site. I
> would have thought Toyota could have done a little better. Ofcourse
> the car is shown in 6-8 inches of snow so some of this could be
> caused by extreme cold (maybe?) especially mouldings which are held
> on either with cheap plastic clips or glue.
>
> -Stan

If you click on the language button it will display the entire web
site in English.

Old March 18th 06, 07:06 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

I had a Jap 280Z for several years and at 203,000 miles it still ran as good
if not better than when it was new..fast as blazes...easy to top 100 MPH..I
never could figure out how they got that much speed and acceleration from a
6 cly engine...

PROBLEM>>>>> the car was so rusted out that I had to part it out and cut up
the body to get rid of it...the frame and floors were all rusted
through...as well as the fenders and quarter panels..a real mess..drivers
seat was ready to fall out through the floor..I could see the road between
the clutch and brake pedals..and the passenger side was just as bad.....yes
I lived in NY and we do salt the roads but my other cars never rusted out
like that....so much Jap steel. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danger of death from Toyota! Alex Dodge 0 December 30th 05 11:31 PM
Danger of death from Toyota! Alex BMW 0 October 23rd 05 09:23 PM
Danger of death from Toyota! Alex Audi 1 October 13th 05 09:11 AM
Danger of death from Toyota! Alex BMW 0 October 12th 05 10:11 PM
Danger of death from Toyota! Alex BMW 10 September 14th 05 04:51 PM