So funny...

Old January 3rd 06, 04:18 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default So funny...

I just read this in an article summarizing sims for the year.

So funny, but potentially true

"rFactor also came along, proving that a real physics engine for fake cars
can be just as immersive. It threatens to become the SFP1 of the racing
simulation genre, boasting open architecture and full support for modding.
This guarantees that we're sure to be in the middle of a NASCAR Busch Series
race only to be overtaken by an Avocado Green Mercury Grand Marquis station
wagon."

Old January 3rd 06, 06:41 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

It's the reason Ive pretty much given up on rF. Just too many series and
tracks to bother. No one will ever be happy no matter what classes or tracks
are chosen for a series. Open series with multiple classes doesnt work with
anything less than 10 racers on a 2-3 mile track either. May as well be
racing alone.

My hope for online simracing now lies with GTL's N.American release

Mitch

Old January 3rd 06, 07:23 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Mitch_A" > wrote in
:

> It's the reason Ive pretty much given up on rF. Just too many series
> and tracks to bother. No one will ever be happy no matter what classes
> or tracks are chosen for a series. Open series with multiple classes
> doesnt work with anything less than 10 racers on a 2-3 mile track
> either. May as well be racing alone.
>
> My hope for online simracing now lies with GTL's N.American release
>
> Mitch

You will not be dissapointed with GTL, its bloody brilliant. best sound
in a sim ever, great gfx and track detail.dont be put off with the
career mode coz you cherish each car you win and will really enjoy the
differences between the cars and classes. feels good thrashing a vete in
a little elan.
Tango
ps. online seems very smooth and alot better than previous ISI attempts
Old January 3rd 06, 08:32 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Tango" > wrote in message
. 10...
> "Mitch_A" > wrote in
> :
>
>> It's the reason Ive pretty much given up on rF. Just too many series
>> and tracks to bother. No one will ever be happy no matter what classes
>> or tracks are chosen for a series. Open series with multiple classes
>> doesnt work with anything less than 10 racers on a 2-3 mile track
>> either. May as well be racing alone.
>>
>> My hope for online simracing now lies with GTL's N.American release
>>
>> Mitch
>>

> You will not be dissapointed with GTL, its bloody brilliant. best sound
> in a sim ever, great gfx and track detail.dont be put off with the
> career mode coz you cherish each car you win and will really enjoy the
> differences between the cars and classes. feels good thrashing a vete in
> a little elan.
> Tango
> ps. online seems very smooth and alot better than previous ISI attempts

I didn't understand a word you wrote. It's like you were under water,
trying to talk through a breathing tube.

I have GTL and it's a great game. Online is smooth: only wish there was the
possibility of having add-on tracks, to increase longevity.

Alanb

Old January 3rd 06, 08:53 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Alan Bernardo enlightened us with:
> "Tango" > wrote in message
> . 10...

snip Mitch's comments out.

>> You will not be dissapointed with GTL, its bloody brilliant. best
>> sound in a sim ever, great gfx and track detail.dont be put off with
>> the career mode coz you cherish each car you win and will really
>> enjoy the differences between the cars and classes. feels good
>> thrashing a vete in a little elan.
>> Tango
>> ps. online seems very smooth and alot better than previous ISI
>> attempts

> I didn't understand a word you wrote. It's like you were under water,
> trying to talk through a breathing tube.

Jebus Alan, is this your auto reply to posts here at RAS? (I didnt
understand).

How can you not understand? you need it on tape/read to you? <G>
BTW he said what you said, with more details and not wordy.

> I have GTL and it's a great game. Online is smooth: only wish there
> was the possibility of having add-on tracks, to increase longevity.

Snipped.

is there no hope for tracks being made by the mod community? (admitting
lack of knowledge here).

Take care, Sting32 <plowboy>

Old January 3rd 06, 10:05 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

>"Mitch_A" > wrote
> It's the reason Ive pretty much given up on rF. Just too many series and
> tracks to bother.

too many tracks, rF??? I think you're mislead!

The failure of rF is from the developpers and the produces who have failed
to have good distribution in stores and especially a stable online
environment where mismatchs wouldn't happen (think the Counter-Strike type
platform where clients would have their game modified as they log-on if they
aren't using the same files). TXT files ain't big.

--
-- François Ménard <ymenard>
-- This announcement is brought to you by the Shimago-Dominguez

Old January 3rd 06, 10:35 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Yes, there are a lot of tracks. But most are butt ugly, glass smooth,
uncambered conversions. A couple aren't too bad, like Brands Hatch, but
all have ended up my recycle bin. They've trashed up rFactor, IMO, as
well as diluting the servers. Not that the convertors don't have the
right to hammer them out, lol.

I'm getting a little antsy as well. There have been two full carset
add-ons: the F3s and the PCCs. The later have been savaged by the
purists on RSC over the front-rear weight 'oversight' by GMSF. Lo^ is
due with the 3rd version of the F3s, as well as, rumor has it, a
scratch track or two. Give it three more months.

Old January 4th 06, 12:06 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Mitch_A" wrote...
> <snip>
> My hope for online simracing now lies with GTL's N.American release

I'm sure you'll like it.

Jan.
=---

Old January 4th 06, 12:06 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"PlowBoy" wrote...
> <snip>
> is there no hope for tracks being made by the mod community?
> (admitting lack of knowledge here).

I think it's definately possible to have add-on tracks, if they don't exist
already, but I don't know if they could be used online. Add-on cars exist
already, but those don't work online.

Jan.
=---

Old January 4th 06, 12:07 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

eScrew [email protected] Driving 0 December 20th 04 10:52 AM
es [email protected] Chrysler 0 December 20th 04 10:16 AM
funny story about autos.tech [email protected] Technology 5 December 19th 04 10:50 PM