Converted GTR racks in rFactor

Old November 11th 05, 02:53 PM
Byron Forbes

Default Converted GTR racks in rFactor

"Dave Henrie" > wrote in message
. 97.136...

> dave henrie(uses rF for online TPTCC league racing. and suprise..it's
> good!)

...........but not on GTR tracks he's already payed for....................

Old November 11th 05, 02:58 PM
Byron Forbes

"Alan Bernardo" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Scott B. Husted" > wrote in message
>> Maybe I'm missing something here.. but how exactly is ISI limiting
>> rFactor with censorship and stifling community involvement?
>>

> The boards-- folks can't say what they want to say, as if somehow ISI,
> etc., is afraid of open discussion.
>
> The track conversion thing-- why doesn't ISI, etc., just leave it be. In
> the end, if they are more open and receptive and not so darn tight, the
> community will grow faster.
>
> That's my take.
>
> Alanb

Yep, why ISI and RSC don't do all they can to publically promote illegal
activity is a total mystery. Wouldn't you think they'd drag their fat lazy
arses off their beds of nails and get the ball rolling on this! Just
incredible! <shaking head>

Old November 11th 05, 03:05 PM
Byron Forbes

Spoken like a true dago Bruce - Mario would be proud of you!

Old November 11th 05, 03:07 PM
Alan Bernardo

"Bruce Kennewell" > wrote in message
> That is a specious argument at best and does nothing to counter the fact
> that what ISI have done/are doing is completely legal and what you have
> done/are doing is completely illegal.

I own all three games. I didn't say a thing about the legality of the
issue. ISI can do what it wants. What I said was that I don't think ISI is
doing the wise thing if they want to support community involvement and
continue to make its customers pleased, which is only good for them. It's
the old shooting themselves in the foot or the nose-face deal.

Alanb

Old November 11th 05, 03:54 PM
Scott B. Husted

Alan Bernardo wrote:
> "Bruce Kennewell" > wrote in message
>
>>That is a specious argument at best and does nothing to counter the fact
>>that what ISI have done/are doing is completely legal and what you have
>>done/are doing is completely illegal.
>>

> I own all three games. I didn't say a thing about the legality of the
> issue. ISI can do what it wants. What I said was that I don't think ISI is
> doing the wise thing if they want to support community involvement and
> continue to make its customers pleased, which is only good for them. It's
> the old shooting themselves in the foot or the nose-face deal.
>
> Alanb

Well you are saying they should do whatever it takes to make the
community happy on one side, then on the other you say you didn't say
anything about the legality (it's illegal)... So you are saying that
ISI should break the law in order to please the community because it's
good for them in the long run?

I'm still confused on why you are mad at ISI for not helping "the
community" steal SimBin's tracks? *scratches head*

The fact remains ISI has produced a sim with the most open architecture
this community has ever seen. They are working on tools to help the mod
community make items for their sim. I think ISI has done the most, by
far, of any developer in sim racing to promote their sim through
community involvement and development.

--
Scott B. Husted
http://www.Husted.cc
Old November 11th 05, 04:34 PM
Mitch_A

The problem is that youre using logic and common sense Scott. When you see
a guy arguing with a Stop sign you have a pretty good indication that the
conversation isn't going very far

Mitch

Old November 11th 05, 05:16 PM
Alan Bernardo

"Mitch_A" > wrote in message
om...
> The problem is that youre using logic and common sense Scott. When you
> see a guy arguing with a Stop sign you have a pretty good indication that
> the conversation isn't going very far

You're probably right [Stop]. The only thing is that I don't think they
should sweat it. It's not like they are losing cash. Let it be and be easy
and allow it. That way the community doesn't have the feeling that ISI is
only about the money, which will stop others, in the long run, from
purchasing an ISI product in the future. I think that by getting all out of
sorts because of this track thing is just not a good PR move: let things be
and move on. Heck, if they would've been a little proactive ISI could've
charged a small fee for the conversions and done it themselves. I think
most would pay five bills a track to get these into rFactor and all would've
been fine and settled.

Alanb

Old November 11th 05, 06:18 PM
Chad Rogers

Again Lord Byron has to bring GTR multi into a track conversion talk, way to
go!!

As for ISI/Simbin allowing tracks from one to another, you are living in
fantasy land. They are competitors, perhaps you don't understand business
real well. Remember, these guys actually have a job and need to earn a
living right?

Old November 11th 05, 06:49 PM

Hahaha,

Yeah, ISI should just charge a small fee and sell Simbin's tracks.
Excellent idea! I'm sure Simbin wont mind...

Now, I do own GTR (and GTL), so I'm not going to feel guilty about
installing these converted tracks if I can d/l them, but your argument
against ISI seems WAY OFF BASE! They have done everything (legally)
that they can to make rFactor as open to modding as they can - but you
are expecting them to cross the line of legality and actively promote
stealing another company's products... If you want to criticize Simbin
for not giving away their tracks, then go ahead (Although I think that
criticism is ridiculous also!).

The more I read your posts, the more I keep wondering if you realize
that SImbin and ISI are two completely seperate companies -- and in
many ways competitors. You probably need to understand that fact
before continuing your argument...

CK

Old November 11th 05, 06:52 PM
Alan Bernardo

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hahaha,
>
> Yeah, ISI should just charge a small fee and sell Simbin's tracks.
> Excellent idea! I'm sure Simbin wont mind...
>
> Now, I do own GTR (and GTL), so I'm not going to feel guilty about
> installing these converted tracks if I can d/l them, but your argument
> against ISI seems WAY OFF BASE! They have done everything (legally)
> that they can to make rFactor as open to modding as they can - but you
> are expecting them to cross the line of legality and actively promote
> stealing another company's products... If you want to criticize Simbin
> for not giving away their tracks, then go ahead (Although I think that
> criticism is ridiculous also!).
>
> The more I read your posts, the more I keep wondering if you realize
> that SImbin and ISI are two completely seperate companies -- and in
> many ways competitors. You probably need to understand that fact
> before continuing your argument...
>
> CK

I meant SimBin. I know they are different.

Alanb