Sony, Honda, Nissan, Toyota shut down plants

Old March 13th 11, 02:49 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Default Sony, Honda, Nissan, Toyota shut down plants

in Japan.
http://www.drudgereport.com
cuhulin

Old March 13th 11, 06:27 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 20:49:45 -0600, cuhulin wrote:

> in Japan.
> http://www.drudgereport.com
> cuhulin

Good! The prices of my used Japanese cars will go up!

(In all fairness, NOT good. Those people are REALLY suffering. God Bless
them.)

Old March 13th 11, 03:43 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Yesterday, I heard on CNN tv news, there is no rioting and looting in
Japan, because of the Earthquake, and aftershocks.

I have been to Japan twice, eight hours layover in Tokyo on my way to
Vietnam, and U.S.Air Force Base/Yokota.I spent the night there (Yokota)
on my way home from Vietnam.The seats in that U.S.Air Force Base Troop
transport Airplane faced backwards.I reckon that was because they didn't
want up to get our necks broken in case the Airplane crashed.
cuhulin

Old March 13th 11, 07:50 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

All of the Japanese name brand vehicles (cars/trucks/vans/motorcycles)
produced in American factories, isn't it required they must have a
certain percentage of parts made in Japan?
cuhulin

Old March 14th 11, 03:59 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

Nate Nagel > wrote:

>I was in Fukushima Prefecture last year, although I didn't even know
>that there was a reactor there. I'm really saddened by the news because
>other than rural Pennsylvania I can't really think of any more
>fundamentally beautiful place on the face of the earth that I've had the
>pleasure of visiting.

Here is a remarkably good explanation of the reactor failure, by the way:

http://bravenewclimate.com/2011/03/1...e-explanation/
--scott
Old March 14th 11, 05:48 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Pete C.

"Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B" wrote:

> (In all fairness, NOT good. Those people are REALLY suffering. God Bless
> them.)

It's also not entirely clear what we (US civilians) can do to help at
the moment. With disasters in third world countries it's obvious that we
can donate to WFP and similar, but with a disaster in a highly developed
country like Japan it's not so clear what is needed.
Old March 14th 11, 07:10 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Steve W.[_6_]

Pete C. wrote:
> "Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B" wrote:
>> (In all fairness, NOT good. Those people are REALLY suffering. God Bless
>> them.)

> It's also not entirely clear what we (US civilians) can do to help at
> the moment. With disasters in third world countries it's obvious that we
> can donate to WFP and similar, but with a disaster in a highly developed
> country like Japan it's not so clear what is needed.

I just got an E-Mail from my BIL in Chiba. He is now asking for us to
send him and his wife a couple of GOOD flashlights for Christmas.
I have a ton of them around and they would both always ask why I carried
at least one light all the time. My answer has always been that I carry
a flashlight for the same reason I carry a pistol. You NEVER know when
you will need it and if you don't have it with you when you need it what
good is having it. They always laughed about it.
UNTIL this past week when he had to walk 4 miles in the dark with
nothing but a cell phone lighting the way and his wife had a 3 mile hike
just to get close to a place where she could get a ride. Her walk was
with a candle because her phone battery went dead...

So for Christmas (probably will get sent MUCH earlier) they will be
getting a couple Mag Solitaires, a Mag XL50 and maybe even a couple of
the cheap HF lights that they can just toss in the car for use as needed.
Also will probably send a brick of batteries just to be sure they have them.

--
Steve W.
Old March 14th 11, 07:14 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
AMuzi

Steve W. wrote:
> Pete C. wrote:
>> "Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B" wrote:
>>> (In all fairness, NOT good. Those people are REALLY suffering. God Bless
>>> them.)

>> It's also not entirely clear what we (US civilians) can do to help at
>> the moment. With disasters in third world countries it's obvious that we
>> can donate to WFP and similar, but with a disaster in a highly developed
>> country like Japan it's not so clear what is needed.

> I just got an E-Mail from my BIL in Chiba. He is now asking for us to
> send him and his wife a couple of GOOD flashlights for Christmas.
> I have a ton of them around and they would both always ask why I carried
> at least one light all the time. My answer has always been that I carry
> a flashlight for the same reason I carry a pistol. You NEVER know when
> you will need it and if you don't have it with you when you need it what
> good is having it. They always laughed about it.
> UNTIL this past week when he had to walk 4 miles in the dark with
> nothing but a cell phone lighting the way and his wife had a 3 mile hike
> just to get close to a place where she could get a ride. Her walk was
> with a candle because her phone battery went dead...
>
> So for Christmas (probably will get sent MUCH earlier) they will be
> getting a couple Mag Solitaires, a Mag XL50 and maybe even a couple of
> the cheap HF lights that they can just toss in the car for use as needed.
> Also will probably send a brick of batteries just to be sure they have
> them.

USPS Priority envelope to Japan (9x12, up to 4 pounds) is
$14, 4 to 8 days. We use a lot of these, cheap and reliable.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>