MP3 CD Player

Old December 16th 04, 11:01 PM
John Graves

Default MP3 CD Player

I've currently got a CD autochanger in the boot of my 5 series. Are there
any compatible units that will play MP3 CD's around? (UK).

Old December 17th 04, 02:35 PM
Badger

"John Graves" > wrote in message
> I've currently got a CD autochanger in the boot of my 5 series. Are there
> any compatible units that will play MP3 CD's around? (UK).

John, this same question was recently asked and failed to generate any
useful replies, other than someone venting off that you shouldn't pirate
music in the first place. Too shallow to realise that some of us just want
to load a lot of tunes in one go, from cd's that are already owned!
I asked the same question in my local dealers (Menzies, Stirling, Scotland)
recently and got blank faces, so if you do find a way then please post it
here.
Badger.

Old December 17th 04, 02:43 PM
Somebody

"Badger" > wrote in message

> "John Graves" > wrote in message
> > I've currently got a CD autochanger in the boot of my 5 series. Are

there
> > any compatible units that will play MP3 CD's around? (UK).
> >

> John, this same question was recently asked and failed to generate any
> useful replies, other than someone venting off that you shouldn't pirate
> music in the first place. Too shallow to realise that some of us just want
> to load a lot of tunes in one go, from cd's that are already owned!
> I asked the same question in my local dealers (Menzies, Stirling,

Scotland)
> recently and got blank faces, so if you do find a way then please post it
> here.
> Badger.

While there are lots of people that pirate songs, lots of others don't... I
have bought many CD's 2 or even 3 times as they eventually do get damaged
especially if you use them in both car and home. So now whenever I buy a
disc, (music or even software for that matter, have you ever ruined a disc
that cost you $500?) the first thing I do is burn an identical copy and
store the original in a safe place. Then I rip it to MP3 so that I can make
my own mix CD's or play it on one of my other various MP3-capable devices.

-Russ.

Old December 17th 04, 03:45 PM
Vicky Archer

You can get an Alpine CD changer (Alpine CHM-S634) that plays MP3's, it
is the same case design as the original fit BMW changers so will fit
using the BMW brackets, you also need an adapter KCA-130B and interface
BMW Alpine 2 interface, then it's just a case of connecting the parts
together and mounting the changer in the boot.

Hendon car stereos do it as a kit for =A3239.99
http://www.hendoncarstereo.co.uk/trolleyed/71/index.htm

You won't get any info on the radio display, just track number and you
have to copy all MP3's into the root directory as it doesn't support
folders etc, but you can still get a load of songs on a CD and keep
your original head unit and steering wheel controls.

HTH

Vicky

Old December 17th 04, 04:50 PM
Vernon Balbert

Vicky Archer wrote:

> You won't get any info on the radio display, just track number and you
> have to copy all MP3's into the root directory as it doesn't support
> folders etc, but you can still get a load of songs on a CD and keep
> your original head unit and steering wheel controls.

How does one find out what make and model CD changer one has? I have a
94 E34 with one and would frankly like to upgrade it to a) accept MP3s
and b) one a little more tolerant of dirt and scratches on the disk.

Vern
Old December 22nd 04, 04:29 AM
dogbreath

my dealer recommended the apple ipod customisation:
http://www.apple.com/ipod/bmw/ but they cant do it just yet in my country

Radio Noeta BMW 7 January 21st 05 02:26 AM
Changing the radio Andy Heer BMW 4 December 21st 04 02:49 AM
Factory M3 CD/mp3 player help Wingman BMW 3 November 26th 04 09:52 AM
new BMW 5, doesn't play MP3 Arno BMW 17 October 30th 04 11:44 AM
Spooky break in Yaddha Alfa Romeo 15 June 9th 04 09:19 AM