Power Window Water Soaked and won't close

Old July 5th 05, 01:05 PM
Jan

Default Power Window Water Soaked and won't close

Wondered if someone could help with this. I left the windows open
yesterday and went to July 4th activities. Horrible rainstorm came and

I couldn't get to the car to close them. Now the passenger side window

won't close. This is a 91 Quest Minivan. The two rear windows don't
work either. The only one that works is the drivers side window.
Drove it on home last night and put a garbage sack over the open
window, then let the car run for 30 min with the heater on. It still
doesn't work. This morning it still is not working and it is now
running with the heater on. Thought I'd let it run for an hour this
morning..
Any other suggestions? They sure would be appreciated..
Jan

Old July 7th 05, 01:14 AM
451CTDS

The motors would probably run underwater, the switches are another
story, blast them with a hair dryer for several minutes [ careful of
fabric ] Canned air is also good, but it's heat that dries. When
switches are dry, spray a quick blast of a spray oil product,
the kind that oils + penetrates rust. Vigorously operate windows,
contacts should arc, and go back to work. If that doesn't bail you out,
remove door panels, and let sun hit insides.
Old July 7th 05, 02:41 PM
Jan

Just a followup for anybody else that might be googling this. I
remembered the child lockout button that these minivans have. I just
reset that thing and it fixed the problem. I guess the water shut down
the electricity to it, as I always keep it off. Don't have small
children myself , so I forget about that thing.

Jan