Algae in my cichlid tank.

Old July 7th 03, 01:25 PM
Finz Up

Default Algae in my cichlid tank.

[This followup was posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.cichlids and a copy
was sent to the cited author.]

We are new to ciclids and have a fully established 20 gal tank, pH
around 8, all other parameters good. Since we switched to cichlids and
raised the water temp we have lots of brown algea growing on the rocks
and coral and plants. Is this OK for the tank? Can you use algae
destroyer drops or what. Any advice would be appreciated.

--
Maybe it's all too simple, for our big brains to figure out...
What it the hokey pokey is really what it's all about? JB
Old July 8th 03, 06:49 AM
Stan

I have never seen anything eat diatom up faster than a tiny CAE. About 1
1/2 to 2 inches...then later when it gets big, trade it in for another tiny
one.

"Rich A." wrote in message
thlink.net...

"Finz Up" wrote in message
[This followup was posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.cichlids and a copy
was sent to the cited author.]

We are new to ciclids and have a fully established 20 gal tank, pH
around 8, all other parameters good. Since we switched to cichlids and
raised the water temp we have lots of brown algea growing on the rocks
and coral and plants. Is this OK for the tank? Can you use algae
destroyer drops or what. Any advice would be appreciated.

--
Maybe it's all too simple, for our big brains to figure out...
What it the hokey pokey is really what it's all about? JB

Buy a small pleco. The cichlids won't bother him.

Old July 8th 03, 11:29 AM
Bchbound

In article ,
says...
CAE

What is a CAE? Does it have a name or is that it's name? it is not listed
as that in my Cichlid book.