Hino *hybride* 240pk diesel in new Toyota fullsize pickup (USA)

Old March 25th 04, 07:27 PM
Willem-Jan Markerink

Default Hino *hybride* 240pk diesel in new Toyota fullsize pickup (USA)

[posted and mailed]

A kewl way to burn rice....)

From the DTLC-list:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I just got off the phone with my secret info source at Toyota and got a
little insider information about Toyota's plans for the new huge versions
of their Full size pickup. For those who don't know, its being built in
Texas and will be configured bigger than the full size crowd. Crew cabs,
3/4 and one ton capacity etc. Toyota is saying that if you're going to
build a pickup you better do it in Texas where some large percentage of
the world market for pickup trucks is.

Anyway all of that is common knowledge but the nagging question that has
been unanswered so far is what will they power these trucks with? The hot
rumour is that they will be using the 240HP diesel/electric hybrid that
HINO is using in Japan! With the success of their tiny hybrid car Toyota
is looking to please both the red neck and the eco crowds. The goal is to
have the highest fuel economy of any full size with similar performance.

Looking forward to seeing it.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

More browsing:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...+hybrid+diesel

--
Bye,

Willem-Jan Markerink

The desire to understand
is sometimes far less intelligent than
the inability to understand

[note: 'a-one' & 'en-el'!]
Old March 25th 04, 09:21 PM
JOHN .

Old March 25th 04, 09:21 PM
JOHN .

Old March 25th 04, 11:42 PM
Chris Phillipo

> rumour is that they will be using the 240HP diesel/electric hybrid that
> HINO is using in Japan! With the success of their tiny hybrid car Toyota
> is looking to please both the red neck and the eco crowds. The goal is to
> have the highest fuel economy of any full size with similar performance.
>
> Looking forward to seeing it.
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

> More browsing:
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...+hybrid+diesel

I've heard rumors that Honda is also looking at put the a gas/electric
hybrid in their new pickup truck and the next redesign of the NSX.
Maybe OPEC better start investing in gold or silver
--
____________________
Remove "X" from email address to reply.
Old March 25th 04, 11:42 PM
Chris Phillipo

Old March 28th 04, 09:35 PM
Willem-Jan Markerink

"Willem-Jan Markerink" > wrote in
:

> [posted and mailed]
>
> A kewl way to burn rice....)
>

> From the DTLC-list:
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I just got off the phone with my secret info source at Toyota and got a
> little insider information about Toyota's plans for the new huge versions
> of their Full size pickup. For those who don't know, its being built in
> Texas and will be configured bigger than the full size crowd. Crew cabs,
> 3/4 and one ton capacity etc. Toyota is saying that if you're going to
> build a pickup you better do it in Texas where some large percentage of
> the world market for pickup trucks is.
>
> Anyway all of that is common knowledge but the nagging question that has
> been unanswered so far is what will they power these trucks with? The hot
> rumour is that they will be using the 240HP diesel/electric hybrid that
> HINO is using in Japan! With the success of their tiny hybrid car Toyota
> is looking to please both the red neck and the eco crowds. The goal is to
> have the highest fuel economy of any full size with similar performance.
>
> Looking forward to seeing it.
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

> More browsing:
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...+hybrid+diesel

Since nobody got my hint of the Google-URL, I digged further myself....)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Btw, anyone know which type of Hino diesel this might be?
Through Hino Australia I see the J08C engine, with various output,
but none exactly 180kW (which would equal 240hp (factor 1.3333)).
Nonetheless, a torque-figure of 608/706/745Nm (447/520/548ft-lbs
(factor 1.36)) ain't bad....)
(with 158/173/191kW, or 210/231/255hp)

http://www.hino.com.au/tk/tk_sub_rs.htm

http://www.hino.com.au/tk/tk_sub_pe.htm

J08C being 8 liter?....)
(not much data there, but either J05C or J08C is an inline-6)

But 6- and 9-speed manuals sounds cool too....)

http://www.hino.com.au/tk/tk_sub_10_.htm

Ah yes, inline 6, 8 liter....gotta have one!....)))

http://www.hino.com.au/tk/tk_sub_10_s__.pdf

Willem (wondering whether that can be shoehorned into an FJ55?) Jan

Old March 28th 04, 09:35 PM
Willem-Jan Markerink

Old March 29th 04, 09:37 PM
Jasper Janssen

On 25 Mar 2004 18:27:52 GMT, "Willem-Jan Markerink" >
wrote:

>A kewl way to burn rice....)

Wat heeft dit nou in godsnaam met rijst te maken? And what's the big idea,
crossposting between different language newsgroups?

Jasper
Old March 29th 04, 11:28 PM
Willem-Jan Markerink

Jasper Janssen > wrote in
:

> On 25 Mar 2004 18:27:52 GMT, "Willem-Jan Markerink" >
> wrote:
>
>>A kewl way to burn rice....)

> Wat heeft dit nou in godsnaam met rijst te maken?

)
(he doesn't understand the 'rice' context....)

> And what's the big idea,
> crossposting between different language newsgroups?

The careful reader might have noticed that the source was English....for
translation services you may contact me at , price pro
word 10 euro (discount for more than 10 words on request).

Old April 2nd 04, 12:13 PM
Jasper Janssen

:
>> On 25 Mar 2004 18:27:52 GMT, "Willem-Jan Markerink" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>A kewl way to burn rice....)

>> Wat heeft dit nou in godsnaam met rijst te maken?

>)
>(he doesn't understand the 'rice' context....)

Oh, you are *so* cool now. *Fawning adoration*.

>> And what's the big idea,
>> crossposting between different language newsgroups?

>The careful reader might have noticed that the source was English....for
>translation services you may contact me at , price pro
>word 10 euro (discount for more than 10 words on request).

No kidding. It's still crossposting, which is moderately bad all by itself
barring overriding reasons, and doing it between different language groups
is just the icing on the cake.

Jasper