Cost of Chrysler financing

Old December 3rd 04, 02:55 AM
Nate Nagel

Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> "Percival P. Cassidy" > wrote in message
>
>>But even zero percent financing "costs": it costs you the rebate that
>>you would get if you paid cash.
>>

> Actually, it costs you a hell of a lot more than that.
>
> If you save up the $11,000 over 3 years (which you should be able to
> to do if a credit report on you claims you can support an $11,000
> car financed over 3 years) then not only do you get the 'rebate'
> but you get all the interest income you have earned on that money
> while it was sitting in the bank.

True, but with 0% you can also save the money you would have spent on
interest while you're making your payments. Whether or not that adds up
to the rebate...? Also don't forget the opportunity cost of having a
new car now, not three years from now. For someone with a dying old
clunker who can afford the 0% payments and still live within his/her
means but doesn't have enough $$ on hand to pay cash, that's an
excellent deal.

> But, I forgot, it's no longer fashionable to spend within your means.
> Our Great Leader what we just reelected showed us that with
> the deficit exploder I mean tax cut, so it must be true.

Well, yeah, I have some issues with Bush's financial policy, but that's
a different issue...

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Old December 3rd 04, 02:56 AM
Nate Nagel

PC Medic wrote:

> "Nate Nagel" > wrote in message
>
>>PC Medic wrote:

>>>And your tin-foil hat needs replacing too!
>>>

>>Ah, that's an intelligent response. Any time someone presents an
>>unpopular opinion, no matter how absolutely, unimpeachably valid, accuse
>>them of being paranoid and the problem will go away.
>>

> More intelligent than blaming IE every time someone gets a virus or spyware.
> IE is only a risk if you let it become one.
> And no I am not an IE fan , but do use it regularly on several of my Windows
> boxes and in all the years I have been on the internet I can count my
> Trojans/viruses on one finger.
>
> Back to our regularly scheduled topic.....

For someone who knows nothing about computers (the vast majority of
users,) IE is dangerous IMHO. and that's my last word on the subject...

nate

Old December 3rd 04, 02:56 AM
Nate Nagel

Old December 6th 04, 09:13 AM
Ted Mittelstaedt

"Dan Larsen" > wrote in message

> >> Actually, it costs you a hell of a lot more than that.
> >>
> >> If you save up the $11,000 over 3 years (which you should be able to
> >> to do if a credit report on you claims you can support an $11,000
> >> car financed over 3 years) then not only do you get the 'rebate'
> >> but you get all the interest income you have earned on that money
> >> while it was sitting in the bank.
> >>
> >> But, I forgot, it's no longer fashionable to spend within your means.
> >> Our Great Leader what we just reelected showed us that with
> >> the deficit exploder I mean tax cut, so it must be true.
> >>
> >> Ted

> >You can always return your tax cut.
> >

> You should send it to your local FOP lodge, as a donation, in
> recompense for your hatred of cops.

The local cops already wrote me enough tickets to more than make up for it.

Hmm - now maybe I just hit on something, so THAT is the secret way that
the Bush administration is funding the local governments.

I get it now. Cut federal taxes, then cut payments to the local governments
as a result they go run up the local extraction fees (property taxes, fines,
etc.) and the result is your tax burden is unchanged but now you have just
added
a whole bunch of extra cops to the local police who do nothing other than
write speeding tickets to keep the local coffers full.

So THAT is how they are getting away with claiming to have put 10,000 more
policeman on the streets. Too bad they don't seem to have any impact on
the property crime, violent crime, and murder rates. Too busy extracting
that
tax cut I guess.

Ted

Old December 6th 04, 09:13 AM
Ted Mittelstaedt

Old December 6th 04, 09:17 AM
Ted Mittelstaedt

"Peter A. Stavrakoglou" > wrote in message

> You can always return your tax cut.

I'll tell you what I have a better idea. How about actually cutting
spending so
that the tax cut is paid for?

You conservatives love to talk the talk about how much money your
saving us with these tax cuts. Too bad you wuss out when it comes to
actually cutting spending.

Since your in control of congress now I feel bad for you, you don't have
the excuse anymore that it's the liberals fault that you can't cut spending.
I eagerly await the spending cuts over the next 4 years that are going to
balance
the budget. Let's see if you don't puss out the next 4 years again.

Ted

Old December 6th 04, 09:17 AM
Ted Mittelstaedt

Old December 6th 04, 10:53 PM
Matt Whiting

Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> "Peter A. Stavrakoglou" > wrote in message
>

>>You can always return your tax cut.
>>

> I'll tell you what I have a better idea. How about actually cutting
> spending so
> that the tax cut is paid for?
>
> You conservatives love to talk the talk about how much money your
> saving us with these tax cuts. Too bad you wuss out when it comes to
> actually cutting spending.

Yes, unfortunately, liberals won't vote for you if you cut back on their
"entitlements."

Matt

Old December 6th 04, 10:53 PM
Matt Whiting

Old December 7th 04, 04:22 AM
Art

What entitlements are you referring too. Here's a few...

From MSNBC:

"Taxpayers for Common Sense, a bipartisan group favoring less federal
spending, said it found 11,772 projects worth $15.8 billion.
Projects included:

a.. $335,000 to protect sunflowers in North Dakota from blackbird damage.
b.. $60 million for a new courthouse in Las Cruces, N.M.
c.. $225,000 to study catfish genomes at Alabama's Auburn University.
d.. A potential boon for Bush himself, $2 million for the government to
try buying back the former presidential yacht Sequoia. The boat was sold
three decades ago, and its current owners say the yacht is assessed at $9.8
million and are distressed by the provision.
"