Emily rolls into Southern California

Old July 23rd 05, 10:56 PM
Jeff Strickland

Default Emily rolls into Southern California

Oops, I forgot to cross post ...

Old July 24th 05, 05:35 AM
Steve W H

Old July 24th 05, 06:17 AM
Nathan W. Collier

"Jeff Strickland" > wrote in message
>> As I sit here writing to you guys, the temp is hovering at about 100 and
>> the humidity is climbing past 50%.

<SNIP>

>> I don't know how people can stand to live in the Southeast if it's like
>> this all of the time.

lol.....jeff in the southeast, 50% humidity @ 100 degrees is a nice break
from the summer heat. when i lived in north carolina, 70-85% humidity was
quite common. try 102 degrees at 96% humidity sometime.

--
Nathan W. Collier
http://InlineDiesel.com

Old July 24th 05, 07:12 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

No thanks, I lived in Houston for a year.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 24th 05, 02:24 PM
Jerry Slaughter

"Nathan W. Collier" > wrote in message
> "Jeff Strickland" > wrote in message
>>> As I sit here writing to you guys, the temp is hovering at about 100 and
>>> the humidity is climbing past 50%.

> <SNIP>
>
>>> I don't know how people can stand to live in the Southeast if it's like
>>> this all of the time.

> lol.....jeff in the southeast, 50% humidity @ 100 degrees is a nice break
> from the summer heat. when i lived in north carolina, 70-85% humidity was
> quite common. try 102 degrees at 96% humidity sometime.

Hmmm...right now it a cool 74 with 94% humidity...at 08:00. Broke a sweat
going out to get the Sunday paper at the end of the driveway. It will hit 96
this afternoon. Thats no dry heat either...lol. Give that 50% any day!!! Too
hot to pull the top off the Jeep, real shame...but with all that humidity
the thunderstorms can pop up anytime during the afternoon.

Jerry S.
Sweltering in north Alabama....

Old July 24th 05, 06:34 PM
Nathan W. Collier

"Jerry Slaughter" > wrote in message
> right now it a cool 74 with 94% humidity...at 08:00. Broke a sweat going
> out to get the Sunday paper at the end of the driveway. It will hit 96
> this afternoon. Thats no dry heat either...lol.

the humidity is one thing that i definately dont miss about north carolina.

Old July 25th 05, 12:47 AM
Lon

Nathan W. Collier proclaimed:

> "Jeff Strickland" > wrote in message
>
>>>As I sit here writing to you guys, the temp is hovering at about 100 and
>>>the humidity is climbing past 50%.

> <SNIP>
>
>>>I don't know how people can stand to live in the Southeast if it's like
>>>this all of the time.

> lol.....jeff in the southeast, 50% humidity @ 100 degrees is a nice break
> from the summer heat. when i lived in north carolina, 70-85% humidity was
> quite common. try 102 degrees at 96% humidity sometime.

Gee, I always looked forward to heading home to Raleigh after a week
or so in Ft. Lauderdale, Orlando, or Tampax Florida heat/humidity.
Still not sure whether New Orleans or Houston is the ghastliest in
the USofA, worse than 'Nam sometimes.

Old July 27th 05, 12:11 AM
Billy Ray

The weather has moderated in Ohio. It is down to 92F with 54% humidity.
The low tonight is to be 71F, the high tomorrow 76F.

And they wonder why everyone in the Ohio River Valley has respiratory
problems....