ECM code question

Old May 5th 11, 01:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
George Csahanin[_3_]

Default ECM code question

Have a no-start 1995 Explorer. Cranks, no start. Got a code from ECM that
translates to Fuel Pump Secondary problem. But there is voltage going to the
pump. Where it is parked ai can't get under to check at the pump, ut on the
pump side of the inertia switch there is 12 volts when it should be there.

Something still tells me it isn't the pump, anybody have any thoughts on
this situation?

--
George J Csahanin
W2DB

Old May 7th 11, 02:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Ron & Maggie[_2_]

George Csahanin wrote:
> Have a no-start 1995 Explorer. Cranks, no start. Got a code from ECM that
> translates to Fuel Pump Secondary problem. But there is voltage going to the
> pump. Where it is parked ai can't get under to check at the pump, ut on the
> pump side of the inertia switch there is 12 volts when it should be there.
>
> Something still tells me it isn't the pump, anybody have any thoughts on
> this situation?

Check the fuel pressure, and or try to prime the engine with starting
fluid and or a little gas into the T body. If it starts and than dies
most likely it is the fuel pump or the fuel pump relay. If it stays
running replace the TP sensor. You need to reinstall the rubber air
intake after you prime the engine so the mass air will work and keep the
engine running. Good luck.

Help on troubleshooting ECM Code 96 Ford Mustang 1 September 29th 06 06:51 PM
Help troubleshooting ECM code 96 Ford Mustang 0 August 10th 06 01:22 PM
Corrado E-code question Nate Nagel VW water cooled 11 March 28th 06 09:18 AM
Code Question??? Dodge-Him Dodge 2 July 27th 05 02:13 PM
Code question Dodge-Him Chrysler 7 July 17th 05 07:22 PM