The new A6: True Life Confession

Old January 7th 05, 10:45 PM
daytripper

Default The new A6: True Life Confession

I'm officially changing my opinion of the new A6 styling - particularly the
head-on view of the nose.

But not without a caveat.

So, here is my confession:

In Brilliant Black, it is down-right handsome, and *amazingly* coherent (a
word that will never be applied to the current BMW E60 7er, E65 5er or the
soon to be foisted on us all E9x 3er).

It works, folks. Really.

I wouldn't have believed it from the 2D shots, my first impression last year
was "another face only its Mother could love".

But - again, at least in Brilliant Black - it's not far from *awesome*.

Have to take a visit to my local dealer and see what some of the other colors
look like...

/daytripper
'00 s4 6spd
Old January 7th 05, 11:11 PM
Wolfgang Pawlinetz

daytripper wrote:

>But - again, at least in Brilliant Black - it's not far from *awesome*.

ACK.

And trust me. It does look similarly good in the other dark colors.

Regards

Wolfgang

--
1999 Audi A6 Avant TDI
Old January 8th 05, 02:57 AM
LIW

"daytripper" > wrote in message
> I'm officially changing my opinion of the new A6 styling - particularly

the
> head-on view of the nose.
>
> But not without a caveat.
>
> So, here is my confession:
>
> In Brilliant Black, it is down-right handsome, and *amazingly* coherent (a
> word that will never be applied to the current BMW E60 7er, E65 5er or the
> soon to be foisted on us all E9x 3er).
>
> It works, folks. Really.
>
> I wouldn't have believed it from the 2D shots, my first impression last

year
> was "another face only its Mother could love".
>
> But - again, at least in Brilliant Black - it's not far from *awesome*.
>
> Have to take a visit to my local dealer and see what some of the other

colors
> look like...
>
> /daytripper
> '00 s4 6spd

I drove one with the 4.2 V-8 and it was a decent driver, and very well
appointed inside. Still didn't care for the nose, but it wasn't as bad as
the pictures.

But I'd still take your S4, or my S8 over the new A6 anytime, or even over
the new A8.

In fact, had I been able to afford it, the old RS6 would have been even more
impressive to me than my S8 or your S4, both of which seem better than all
of the Audi new cars.

Old January 8th 05, 03:25 PM
Dave LaCourse

LIW writes:

>In fact, had I been able to afford it, the old RS6 would have been even more
>impressive to me than my S8 or your S4, both of which seem better than all
>of the Audi new cars.

I was following my two grandsons (99 A6, 94 S4) to a car show last September.
When we arrived, my oldest grandson was very impressed with how my RS6 looked
in his rearview mirror. The most often used words by both of them was
"awesome" and "aggresive". I like the way the RS6 looks, but have never seen
it traveling down the road behind or in front of me. So, their dad (A6 4.2)
and I switched cars so I could see. They're right -- it is aggresive looking
and if you know anything about cars, you know that its aggresive look is easily
backed up with its performance. Awesome car.

Dave
http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/Cars-2003.html

Old January 8th 05, 04:01 PM
AustinMini.OsiTech.Net

Hi Dave:

Your family does know other car brands exists right? - lol.

You Guys have a collection of nice cars there.

--
_________________________________
http://austinmini.ositech.net

"Dave LaCourse" > wrote in message

two grandsons (99 A6, 94 S4) my RS6 their dad (A6 4.2)

Old January 8th 05, 05:14 PM
Peter Bell

In message <vtTDd.675$SS6.301@trnddc07>
"AustinMini.OsiTech.Net" (remove)> wrote:

> Hi Dave:
>
> Your family does know other car brands exists right? - lol.

I don't think the son/grandsons have a choice - they just get Dave's
hand-me-downs!

I know what Dave means - I've never been out of my RS6 when it's being
driven, so don't really know how it looks or how it sounds!

Old January 8th 05, 06:57 PM
Stephen Clark

There is an Imola Yellow RS6 at a Mercedes dealer in Sugar Land, which is
near where I live. I am very tempted to test drive it, but I'm afraid I will
then lose my taste for S8's !

http://tinyurl.com/57fnn

<grin>

--
Stephen Clark
99 Lexus RX300

See my Audi in the Registry at www.audiworld.com!

wrote:

> > Hi Dave:
> >
> > Your family does know other car brands exists right? - lol.

> I don't think the son/grandsons have a choice - they just get Dave's
> hand-me-downs!
>
> I know what Dave means - I've never been out of my RS6 when it's being
> driven, so don't really know how it looks or how it sounds!
>
> --
> Peter Bell (Note Spamtrap - To reply, replace 'invalid' with

'bellfamily')

Old January 8th 05, 07:42 PM
Dave LaCourse

AustinMini writes:

>Your family does know other car brands exists right? - lol.

The wife drives a Land Cruiser. Oldest daught has a (yack, cough, hack)
Chrysler Minivan. Daughter #2 drives a VW Toureg and her husband a Toyota
Highlander.

Peter Bell is correct. When I buy a new Audi, the sons-in-law get first pick
at the "old" Audi. They know how meticulous I am about maintenance, so they
are getting a good used car.

While the two oldest grandsons (21 and 20) complain about their mother's choice
of vehicle, she has told them if they get rid of their Japanese crotch rockets,
she will get rid of the minivan and buy an Audi wagon. I ain't countin' on any
change in her ride! d;o(

Old January 8th 05, 07:46 PM
Dave LaCourse

Peter Bell writes:

>I know what Dave means - I've never been out of my RS6 when it's being
>driven, so don't really know how it looks or how it sounds!

Hi, Peter. Do yourself a favor and have someone drive your RS6 in front of you
and behind you down the road. Also, if you have a track available to you, let
someone you trust give it a test spin. I witnessed my RS6 flying past me at
140 mph on an unused airstrip in Vermont. It definitely is awesome.

Old January 8th 05, 07:59 PM
AustinMini.OsiTech.Net

Hopefully I will win tonights California lottery. I will take away that
temptation for you by putting it in my garage.

--