When do you use ESP ?

Old November 24th 04, 03:26 PM
MatMite

Default When do you use ESP ?

I've had my car for 2 years and never bothered to use the ESP on/off button.
What is it's main use.
Old November 24th 04, 04:29 PM
Biz

"MatMite" > wrote in message
> I've had my car for 2 years and never bothered to use the ESP on/off

button.
> What is it's main use.

To turn the ESP function on or off?

OH, you meant ESP itself right?

Old November 24th 04, 04:29 PM
Biz

Old November 24th 04, 06:00 PM
Alec

"The electronic stabilization program (ESP) increases vehicle control in
situations near the vehicle's limits. It reduces the risk of skidding and
helps to keep the vehicle on course. ESP recognizes the course desired and
the car's reactions. Through brake application at individual wheels, it
generates one-sided forces which help the car to move in the desired
direction. The ESP program uses other driving aids: the anti-lock braking
system (ABS), electronic brake-force distribution (EBD), the electronic
differential lock (EDL) and the traction control (ASR) system, and is
permanently engaged.
Note:
ESP cannot suspend or extend limits imposed by the laws of physics. If a
driver exceeds the capabilities of the suspension system and ESP, even ESP
cannot prevent loss of control and an accident. "

Rgds

---

Old November 24th 04, 06:27 PM
Don Mac Phee

I've only turned it off when I'm trying to push my way out of a driveway
with a ridge of snow left behind by the snowplow.

I can imagine you'd turn it off to smoke up your tires. (But I don't budget
my money for such experiences... anymore)

You like to thrill of applying your own brakes while drifting through a set
of twisties, rally-style

It's broken.

Anything else, I'd leave it on. It's an amazing little program, and I
really haven't found an excuse to do anything with it.

Old November 27th 04, 01:01 AM
M Power

how do you know you have esp other than the light in the dash?

Old November 27th 04, 01:19 PM
Nate Nagel

There is a switch on the dash as well, older cars with traction control
only had an "ASR" switch instead.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.