2004 Explorer ESP power window non-coverage

Old January 20th 07, 06:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
mule

Default 2004 Explorer ESP power window non-coverage

The rear left power window on my 2004 Explorer stopped working. Dealer
claims it needs some kind of shim to make it work (dealer says motor is
OK). Dealer says the Ford Extended Service Plan does not cover this!! I
can't find anything in the Extended Service Plan (best one that is
offered) that says it is NOT covered.(I have a $50 deductible)
Last time I took this truck in for service (about 3 months ago, they
replaced the right rear power window motor. This was covered by the ESP.
Anyone else had this happen???
(I have no kids and these windows rarely get used at all)

Old January 21st 07, 02:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Ashton Crusher

On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 13:35:54 -0500, "mule" >
wrote:

>The rear left power window on my 2004 Explorer stopped working. Dealer
>claims it needs some kind of shim to make it work (dealer says motor is
>OK). Dealer says the Ford Extended Service Plan does not cover this!! I
>can't find anything in the Extended Service Plan (best one that is
>offered) that says it is NOT covered.(I have a $50 deductible)
>Last time I took this truck in for service (about 3 months ago, they
>replaced the right rear power window motor. This was covered by the ESP.
>Anyone else had this happen???
>(I have no kids and these windows rarely get used at all)

Sounds rather odd to me. I'd want to speak directly to the warranty
company and hear how they explain this. Perhaps they are considering
it an "adjustment" and not a "repair". I'd be inclined to run 120v
thru the motor and solve the issue that way.