02 Caravan Flush & Fill

Old October 27th 06, 03:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
DanFXR

Default 02 Caravan Flush & Fill

Any tricks in replaceing coolant in a 02 Caravan 3.3.
Service manual just states open radiator and remove drain plugs.
Whats best to allow air in from the top to drain the block, thermostat,
heater hose ,coolant sensor ect.

Thanks
PS: where are the block drain plugs located?

Old October 27th 06, 03:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
MT-2500[_56_]

DanFXR Wrote:
> Any tricks in replaceing coolant in a 02 Caravan 3.3.
> Service manual just states open radiator and remove drain plugs.
> Whats best to allow air in from the top to drain the block,
> thermostat,
> heater hose ,coolant sensor ect.
>
> Thanks
> PS: where are the block drain plugs located?

The rad drain is the pits on some.
It is Plastic.:grinyes: :lol:
Also block drain plugs are hard to get to or get out.
Sometimes better to leave it alone and just remove lower rad hose.
A lot of flush machines use the heater hose to flush out old coolant.
Also heater hose on or a near top of engine is good for bleeding air
out.
And with a flush it is a good time to replace hoses if bad and
thermostat.
MT

--
MT-2500
MT-2500's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=382930

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old October 27th 06, 05:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
DanFXR

Thats what I thought.
Thats what I do with my jeep.
I pull the lower hose and open the heater hose.
I was just hoping there was another way,the lower hose on the van is not as
easy to get to.

Thanks

Old October 27th 06, 05:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
MT-2500[_57_]

DanFXR Wrote:
> Thats what I thought.
> Thats what I do with my jeep.
> I pull the lower hose and open the heater hose.
> I was just hoping there was another way,the lower hose on the van is
> not as
> easy to get to.
>
> Thanks
> "MT-2500" > wrote in message
> >
> > DanFXR Wrote:
> >> Any tricks in replaceing coolant in a 02 Caravan 3.3.
> >> Service manual just states open radiator and remove drain plugs.
> >> Whats best to allow air in from the top to drain the block,
> >> thermostat,
> >> heater hose ,coolant sensor ect.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> PS: where are the block drain plugs located?

> > The rad drain is the pits on some.
> > It is Plastic.:grinyes: :lol:
> > Also block drain plugs are hard to get to or get out.
> > Sometimes better to leave it alone and just remove lower rad hose.
> > A lot of flush machines use the heater hose to flush out old

> coolant.
> > Also heater hose on or a near top of engine is good for bleeding air
> > out.
> > And with a flush it is a good time to replace hoses if bad and
> > thermostat.
> > MT
> >

> > --
> > MT-2500

> > MT-2500's Profile:
> > http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=382930
> > View this thread:
> > http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=636928
> >
> > http://www.automotiveforums.com

10-4 on that.
They are making them harder instead od eisier.
And if you do try the drain it might be better to get a new drain plug
to put back in it.
Good Luck
MT