97 Sl2 Mis-fire Under Load

Old November 30th 06, 11:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
forty

Default 97 Sl2 Mis-fire Under Load

I have a 97 sl2 with 127k on it and under a load it mis-fire i check
fuel pressure it's 36-42 from idle and when brake torqued. I also
replace wires ,fuel filter and pcv . my next guess is fuel injectors
because i think it's fuel related because all coil pack are firing ok.
also has engine lite on for egr and cat-converter. i replace egr with
two use ones with no difference,

--
forty
forty's Profile: http://www.autostalk.com/m48

Old December 1st 06, 12:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
SnoMan

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 17:45:31 -0600, forty
> wrote:

>I have a 97 sl2 with 127k on it and under a load it mis-fire i check
>fuel pressure it's 36-42 from idle and when brake torqued. I also
>replace wires ,fuel filter and pcv . my next guess is fuel injectors
>because i think it's fuel related because all coil pack are firing ok.
>also has engine lite on for egr and cat-converter. i replace egr with
>two use ones with no difference,

Have you tried a OBD2 port code scan???
-----------------
TheSnoMan.com
Old December 1st 06, 01:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
BläBlä[_2_]

In article >, forty.2i4120
@no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au says...

> I have a 97 sl2 with 127k on it and under a load it mis-fires. i check
> fuel pressure it's 36-42 from idle and when brake torqued. I also
> replace wires, fuel filter and pcv. my next guess is fuel injectors
> because i think it's fuel related because all coil pack are firing ok.
> also has engine lite on for egr and cat-converter. i replace egr with
> two use ones with no difference,
>

> --
> forty

Operating Pressure should be 40-55 psi.

Wires should be below 12,000 ohms. Are they?

What plugs did you use?

Do you have egr and converter codes?
Old December 1st 06, 02:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Paul[_5_]

Had the same issue. went the same route with troubleshooting. Turned
out is was a broken intake manifold gasket.

Paul

Old December 2nd 06, 01:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Lane

> my next guess is fuel injectors

Doh! Before your guessing costs you even more money and still doesn't fix
the problem, please consider either having the codes read and/or getting a
diagnostic performed at your local Saturn dealer. If it saves you from
having to replace ONE part that you don't need to, it has paid for itself.

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]
---
Visit my Saturn Car Audio and Performance Page at http://www.evilplastic.com

Old December 4th 06, 07:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Paul[_5_]

I had gone through all the ECM codes. All it would say is misfire
cylinder #1.

Old December 4th 06, 07:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Doug Miller[_1_]

In article .com>, "Paul" > wrote:
>I had gone through all the ECM codes. All it would say is misfire
>cylinder #1.

Have you checked #1 spark plug?

>Lane wrote:
>> > my next guess is fuel injectors

>> Doh! Before your guessing costs you even more money and still doesn't fix
>> the problem, please consider either having the codes read and/or getting a
>> diagnostic performed at your local Saturn dealer. If it saves you from
>> having to replace ONE part that you don't need to, it has paid for itself.
>>
>> Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]
>> ---
>> Visit my Saturn Car Audio and Performance Page at http://www.evilplastic.com
>>

>> "forty" > wrote in message
>> >
>> > I have a 97 sl2 with 127k on it and under a load it mis-fire i check
>> > fuel pressure it's 36-42 from idle and when brake torqued. I also
>> > replace wires ,fuel filter and pcv . my next guess is fuel injectors
>> > because i think it's fuel related because all coil pack are firing ok.
>> > also has engine lite on for egr and cat-converter. i replace egr with
>> > two use ones with no difference,
>> >

>> > --
>> > forty
>> > forty's Profile: http://www.autostalk.com/m48