Rustoleum on my floorboards ??

Old June 26th 05, 08:56 PM

Default Rustoleum on my floorboards ??

Greetings,

At 80K miles I just couldn't stand my front carpets anymore and ripped them out.
They're on the curb for the Trashman so I can't change my mind later. The floorboards
underneath are in pretty good shape - I've never needed the drain plug, for instance. But
there are a few rust spots and lots of scratches. Why not use a can of rustoleum on it ?
Too lazy to want ot be daubing little drip-drops of touch-up all over an area that's for
foot traffic not for show.

TIA,

Andrew

'97 TJ Sahara, only owner
Moss with Spice top
Old June 26th 05, 09:58 PM
Billy Ray

Rustoleum should work but you might consider using the new urethane bedliner
materials (i.e. Herculiner) It is much tougher and will be much longer
lasting.

-billy

Old June 26th 05, 10:33 PM
Robb S via CarKB.com

HammerRite is a much better Rust paint than rustoleum is, in my opinion.
Billy Ray's idea is great. I did away with my carpet and did the entire
flooring with the Rhino Liner. It's really great. Everyone I have spoken
with about it love it. It is not as hard and durable as the normal spray on
bedliners, but it's pretty close. It can be gouged and or scratched if you
try hard enough. Bug you really need to dig at it with a screwdriver to
scratch it. If expense is not an option, I'd go with a real spray on
bedliner. But, I was into the do it yourself liner for about $150.00 total,
and a spray on was going to be about $500.00+. I'm completely happy with
mine.......

Old June 26th 05, 11:21 PM
Dave Milne

oh don't worry - jeepsareus.com and others will sell you a replacement
carpet :-)

Dave Milne, Scotland
'91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ

Old June 26th 05, 11:25 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Carpets? Real Jeepers don't need no stinkin' carpets.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old June 26th 05, 11:35 PM
Dave Milne

exactly, that's why he needs a nice new fresh smelling one.
:-)

Dave Trollin' Milne, Scotland
'91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ

Old June 26th 05, 11:37 PM
Billy Ray

Perhaps the carpet is there to act as a filter for the floor drains. The
EPA wouldn't want muddy water draining back into the creek.

Old June 27th 05, 12:36 AM
Coasty

Don't say anything like that it will ruin it for the rest of us especially
if the Soil Conservation Department gets wind.

--
Coasty
SEMPAR PARATUS

Remove The SPOOGE To Reply

Old June 27th 05, 03:18 AM

I expected to get flamed for my "virgin" floorboards - at least you guys
have a sense of humor - something missing in other ngs. As for those who
actually made helpful suggestions please accept my harty thanks ! I hadn't
even looked into other options and now I will.

Andrew