Need help on a dying 1994 LeBaron LX Convertible ASAP PLEASE!!!

Old June 26th 05, 08:56 PM

Proper scan tools are now less expensive and may be bought by anyone so
inclined. In fact there is absolutely no technical reason for them
ever to have been expensive. Their design, construction, and
programming is very well within the abilities of any beginning embedded
systems designer.

Old June 26th 05, 09:32 PM
SMoo

"Daniel J. Stern" > wrote in message
n.umich.edu...
> On Sun, 26 Jun 2005, SMoo wrote:
>
>> Right now I can't really afford the $80 for a diagnostics, especially if
>> it's going to be an expensive repair...

> You can't afford NOT to get the diagnostic, because the longer you drive
> it with a transmission fault, the larger and more expensive the repair
> will be.

I'm not driving it. It's sitting in the driveway until I can afford to get
it fixed.

>> I think the speed sensor is OK, because the speedometer works...

> There are two speed sensors, input and output, and the speedometer working
> is not diagnostic.

My service manual for this car says there is only 1.

>> Is there anything I can try without getting a diagnostic?

> Getting a better job so you can afford the costs involved with owning and
> driving a car comes to mind.

Great idea! Why don't you go pull some strings in the starving Austin job
market and get me a better paying job?

No?

OK. Until you do, quit being a dick about it!

Old June 26th 05, 09:56 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005, SMoo wrote:

> I'm not driving it. It's sitting in the driveway until I can afford to get
> it fixed.

Ah. Very good, then. Wait til you have enough money to fix it right,
otherwise you risk damaging it further.

> > There are two speed sensors, input and output, and the speedometer working
> > is not diagnostic.

> My service manual for this car says there is only 1.

Your service manual for this car is incorrect, or you are looking at the
info for the wrong transmission.