Damn Sneaky Cops!!

Old March 5th 05, 10:11 PM
Michael

"If its the 1st day of my vacation, and I'm covering the usual 1000 -
1200
miles, then it amounts to hours. "

This reminds me... I have a 4000-4400 mile drive coming up(different
sources have different distances). I plan to make it in 7-9 days, about
500 miles will be on gravel roads.

I'm so looking forward to it.

Old March 5th 05, 10:15 PM
Michael

I always wondered how can one spin out on a sunny, non-snow day.
Usually I just laugh at the idiot for driving stupid.

Me? Yes, I drive relatively fast(80-90) but only when there is very
little traffic around. When there is a moderate amount of
traffic(meaning there is very little passing opportunities, even when
passing on the right), I usually do just 65-70.

Old March 6th 05, 05:38 AM
The Real Bev

Skip Elliott Bowman wrote:

> Driving the speed limit won't get you a ticket (assuming driving conditions
> warrant it, ice and traffic jams notwithstanding). It may cost you a minute
> or two more time than if you sped. But how much time does it cost to sit
> stewing in your car while a LEO writes you up?

Over a lifetime? Negligible if you aren't too outrageous about it.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old March 6th 05, 05:50 PM
Arthur L. Rubin

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:

> Speeders are killers and maimers and
> i want the cops to use every trick they can to catch these psychopath
> speeders. I wish the cops would kneecap them.

I wouldn't mind seeing the cops kneecap you for obstructing
traffic. That's REALLY what causes accidents.

--
This account is subject to a persistent MS Blaster and SWEN attack.
I think I've got the problem resolved, but, if you E-mail me
Old March 6th 05, 08:52 PM
jaybird

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 08:52:54 GMT, "jaybird" > wrote:
>
>>> As my co-worker got closer, he saw a SECOND cop sprawled out over the
>>> hood of the police car, a radar gun in his hands. Had he chosen to
>>> speed up because the first cop was busy, he'd have been nailed by the
>>> second cop.

>>So just slow down.

> OK, Judy.

I was just stating the obvious.... common sense.

--
---
jaybird

Old March 6th 05, 09:05 PM
Daniel W. Rouse Jr.

"jaybird" > wrote in message

> >>So just slow down.

> > OK, Judy.

> I was just stating the obvious.... common sense.

Yes it is, but slowing down is only *part* of the solution, actually. The
other solution is to flat out back off!

Seriously, I've been in traffic jams in 15 to 25 mph traffic, which is
fairly slow for a 65mph freeway, where the idiot behind me waits until their
headlights are gone from view in my rearview mirror to begin braking, and
then their nose dips sharply as half of their hood is gone from view in my
rearview mirror when they finally come to a stop.

So even at slow speeds, the idiotic/impatient drivers follow at insanely
close following distances--and so they and their vehicle are an accident
just waiting to happen.

Old March 7th 05, 04:20 AM
DTJ

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 17:47:54 GMT, "Skip Elliott Bowman"
> wrote:

>Driving the speed limit won't get you a ticket (assuming driving conditions
>warrant it, ice and traffic jams notwithstanding). It may cost you a minute
>or two more time than if you sped. But how much time does it cost to sit
>stewing in your car while a LEO writes you up?

Bull**** argument that only a total ****ing moron would make.

Let me see, by your logic it is best to wait behind the wheel or my
car for years out of my life on the off chance that one day I just
might have to pay a small fine.

By my logic I shave hours off my commute every week, and haven't even
been pulled over in years. Further, the last few times I have been
pulled over the cop was too ****ing stupid to actually write a ticket.
Old March 7th 05, 04:43 AM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"DTJ" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 17:47:54 GMT, "Skip Elliott Bowman"
> > wrote:
>
>>Driving the speed limit won't get you a ticket (assuming driving
>>conditions
>>warrant it, ice and traffic jams notwithstanding). It may cost you a
>>minute
>>or two more time than if you sped. But how much time does it cost to sit
>>stewing in your car while a LEO writes you up?

> Bull**** argument that only a total ****ing moron would make.

Still as charming and mellow as ever, DTJ

> Let me see, by your logic it is best to wait behind the wheel or my
> car for years out of my life on the off chance that one day I just
> might have to pay a small fine.

I never said anything like that--you just pulled that out of the air. You
gonna accuse me of the Lindbergh Baby Kidnapping too?

> By my logic I shave hours off my commute every week, and haven't even
> been pulled over in years. Further, the last few times I have been
> pulled over the cop was too ****ing stupid to actually write a ticket.

Your logic resembles a pretzel, DTJ: twisted, salty, and full of air. Don't
ever change!

Old March 8th 05, 08:09 PM
Matthew Russotto

In article >,
The Real Bev > wrote:
>Skip Elliott Bowman wrote:
>
>> Driving the speed limit won't get you a ticket (assuming driving conditions
>> warrant it, ice and traffic jams notwithstanding). It may cost you a minute
>> or two more time than if you sped. But how much time does it cost to sit
>> stewing in your car while a LEO writes you up?

>Over a lifetime? Negligible if you aren't too outrageous about it.

Over a long trip, less than time lost if you had followed the speed
limit the whole way. Been there and done that.
result in a fully-depreciated one.