'06 Mustang Colors, Part II

Old February 5th 06, 05:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default '06 Mustang Colors, Part II

OK, I need a little more help, if you don't mind.

I'm going to be buying an '06 GT Mustang convertible, with the Redfire
exterior. I kind of think that the black leather seats would go well with
the bright exterior. Question is, how hot do those seats get during the
summer. Can anyone out there with the black leather seats let me know how
they like them?

Thanks again for your help!

Ken Zwyers

Old February 5th 06, 05:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 11:52:04 -0600, "Ken Zwyers" >
wrote:

>OK, I need a little more help, if you don't mind.
>
>I'm going to be buying an '06 GT Mustang convertible, with the Redfire
>exterior. I kind of think that the black leather seats would go well with
>the bright exterior. Question is, how hot do those seats get during the
>summer. Can anyone out there with the black leather seats let me know how
>they like them?
>
>Thanks again for your help!
>
>Ken Zwyers

I have a coupe. The seats do not get overly hot. They're leather, not
plastic. With the top down, the seats will get hot, in the sunshine, no
matter what color they are. I'd try to keep them from being exposed to much
direct sunlight.

Having had a convertible once (not a Mustang), I'd never have another one.
But, each to his own.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
Old February 5th 06, 09:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Hotter than a two dollar pistol.
Leather gets hot - period. Black will be that much hotter. I had tan ones
and they were bad. I ahve grey ones in my Libby and they are better than the
tan was. Hell these are heated even but there is a simple solution. Keep a
towel neatly folded up behind each seat on the floorboard. When it's too
hot, grab the towel and toss it over the seat.
The towels come in handy when you need to protect your trunk, carpet or
seats from other potential hazards too, like muddy feet or that plant you
bought or whatever.
You can get nice black towels at Bed Bath and Beyond. Easy to wash and then
they go right back where they were.

Worked great for me for years.

Kate
2O|||||||O5 Liberty Limited
With a lot fewer mods on it now than it will have in six months.

:

Old February 5th 06, 09:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

OH! One other note. Ford has a reputation for not having the best leather.
My experience was pretty much the same. It ages quickly and looks pretty
rough after about four years. Black will be worse because of the heat it
absorbs.

You REALLY ought to go find a used Mustang with leather seats and ahve a
look at them. It's not a pretty sight. At least with black you will have
the option of dying things that go bad, unlike the tan.

Kate

Old February 6th 06, 12:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 11:52:04 -0600, "Ken Zwyers"
> wrote:

>OK, I need a little more help, if you don't mind.
>
>I'm going to be buying an '06 GT Mustang convertible, with the Redfire
>exterior. I kind of think that the black leather seats would go well with
>the bright exterior. Question is, how hot do those seats get during the
>summer. Can anyone out there with the black leather seats let me know how
>they like them?
>
>Thanks again for your help!
>
>Ken Zwyers

Ken,

A lot of the "hot" depends on where you live. I live in South
Louisiana, and during the summer, it gets "blue blazes hot" here
almost every day, a white car with white interior would "roast" you on
the way home if it was parked in the sun. My previous 'Stang was
redfire with dark charcoal leather interior, it was MISERABLY HOT. My
current one has the Light gray interior. I'm not sure there is much
difference in temperature, I guess anything above 200 feels about the
same <sigh>

If you're "up north" then the black/drak gray interior probalbly
would be OK, down here or out west in the desert, well, that's another
story all together.

Then again, I know people who "insist" on driving a black car with
black interior, they "endure" because it's what they want to do. Get
what you want, as long as you're "thrilled" with it and enjoy it, the
difference in "seat temperature" won't make much difference. And
then... When you get ready for a new one, hmmmm..... The "hot
seats" will be a deciding factor and get you into the "new car smell"
(which can be hazardous if you're an OLD FART) <wink> LOL

Hope you enjoy your new pony when you get it

John
Old February 6th 06, 05:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Thanks to everyone for your help. Well, looks like I have some decisions to
make. I live in the Chicago area, but the sun can still beat down pretty
well during the summer. I think my best bet is to go to a few dealerships,
see some leather and some cloth seats, then decide which I like best, all
things considered. If I prefer the leather seats, I'll go with the GT
Premium, otherwise I'll go with the GT Deluxe. I'm replacing the stereo
with an XM compatible one, so the stereo isn't all that big a factor to me,
anyway.

Old February 6th 06, 05:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

In article >, KJ.Kate wrote:
> OH! One other note. Ford has a reputation for not having the best leather.
> My experience was pretty much the same. It ages quickly and looks pretty
> rough after about four years. Black will be worse because of the heat it
> absorbs.

The leather in my '97 is just fine except for the drivers seat, which
shows wear that is probably acceptable for the milage. What did occur
though is the foam inside the left bolster started braking down and the
leather wore against the frame. I caught it in time and reinforced it
from behind and filled in the bolster with additional foam. It's
impossible to tell anything was done without removing the seat and
looking inside, but without that action it would have quickly gotten very
bad.

Old February 7th 06, 02:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"Brent P" > wrote in message
: In article >, KJ.Kate wrote:
[...]

With the height of the bolsters, I would think that should be expected.
Good Save!
It's the bolsers IMO that make the seats so great!
I wish that Ford would just use a softer leather.

Old February 7th 06, 02:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Ford still isn't offering satellite radio?
Wow.. even the dimwits at DC offer satellite.

KJK

"Ken Zwyers" > wrote in message
: Thanks to everyone for your help. Well, looks like I have some decisions
: make. I live in the Chicago area, but the sun can still beat down pretty
: well during the summer. I think my best bet is to go to a few
dealerships,
: see some leather and some cloth seats, then decide which I like best, all
: things considered. If I prefer the leather seats, I'll go with the GT
: Premium, otherwise I'll go with the GT Deluxe. I'm replacing the stereo
: with an XM compatible one, so the stereo isn't all that big a factor to
me,
: anyway.
:
:
: > wrote in message
: ...
: > On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 11:52:04 -0600, "Ken Zwyers"
: > > wrote:
: >
: > >OK, I need a little more help, if you don't mind.
: > >

Old February 7th 06, 04:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Ford does offer satellite radio, but they're aligned with Sirius. I've been
an XM subscriber for over 4 years now, and I prefer to stick with them.