door keypad

Old July 28th 05, 03:03 AM
patb

Default door keypad

where can I find the default code, to unlock doors, on a used 2000 Ford
Explorer Sport

Old July 28th 05, 01:41 PM
Mark Sparge

patb wrote:
> where can I find the default code, to unlock doors, on a used 2000 Ford
> Explorer Sport\

For the '99 XLT, the code was in the owners manual. No manual? The
dealer should be able to help.

Mark

Old July 28th 05, 03:44 PM
John Ahnen

Check on-line for the location of the computer. The original code should be
on that box. If the previous owners have changed the code from the original
I have no idea. HTH

oups.com...

Old July 28th 05, 07:59 PM
SGR

The code should be located on the black box in the tire jack compartment.
Get a flashight and a mirror. If it is not there and you don't have the
manual, your dealer can recover the code for a nominal fee. Cheers.

Steve R

Old July 28th 05, 08:53 PM
Gerry Pierce

"SGR" > wrote in message
.. .
> The code should be located on the black box in the tire jack compartment.
> Get a flashight and a mirror. If it is not there and you don't have the
> manual, your dealer can recover the code for a nominal fee. Cheers.
>
> Steve R

Another option is behind the passenger side airbag.

Here some instruction I lifted from another post :
disconnect the battery, empty the glove box, disconnect by squeezing the two
stop tabs on the side of the box and let the glove box drop all the way
down, looking up under the dash there are two 8MM bolts to loosen, this will
disconnect the air bag so it will come straight out the dash. disconnect air
bag wire, Look in the big hole and there is a off yellow/beige little box on
the upper left hand corner of the air bag hole. loosen the 2 7mm bolts and
it is on the top of that box. It will be a 5 digit number. The whole thing
sounds a little complicated but I did it in about 15 minutes. NO FEAR!!!!!!
Put everything back in reverse order.
The defualt code does not change--the user can set their own, but the
default will still work also.

Gerry

Old July 28th 05, 09:06 PM
C. E. White

-----------------------------
> disconnect the battery, empty the glove box, disconnect by squeezing the

two
> stop tabs on the side of the box and let the glove box drop all the way
> down, looking up under the dash there are two 8MM bolts to loosen, this

will
> disconnect the air bag so it will come straight out the dash. disconnect

air
> bag wire, Look in the big hole and there is a off yellow/beige little box

on
> the upper left hand corner of the air bag hole. loosen the 2 7mm bolts and
> it is on the top of that box. It will be a 5 digit number. The whole thing
> sounds a little complicated but I did it in about 15 minutes. NO

FEAR!!!!!!
> Put everything back in reverse order.
> The defualt code does not change--the user can set their own, but the
> default will still work also.
>
> Gerry

For a 2000 Explorer Sport I believe the code is located on the module that
you can see through the jack compartment (see prior post) if there is one at
all. During the 2000 Explorer Sport Model year Ford change the security
system. Vehicle built after 7/24/2000 have a different sort of module that
may not have the code on a label. The older PATS modules had one code hard
wired in. The newer central security module is personalized electronically
when the vehciles are assembled. The dealer should be able to read the code
with their computer equipment.

Ed

Old July 29th 05, 01:42 PM
Gerry Pierce

"C. E. White" > wrote in message

> "Gerry Pierce" > wrote in message
>>
>> "SGR" > wrote in message
>> .. .
>> > The code should be located on the black box in the tire jack

> compartment.
>> > Get a flashight and a mirror. If it is not there and you don't have
>> > the
>> > manual, your dealer can recover the code for a nominal fee. Cheers.
>> >
>> > Steve R
>> >

>> Another option is behind the passenger side airbag.
>>
>> Here some instruction I lifted from another post :

> -----------------------------
>> disconnect the battery, empty the glove box, disconnect by squeezing the

> two
>> stop tabs on the side of the box and let the glove box drop all the way
>> down, looking up under the dash there are two 8MM bolts to loosen, this

> will
>> disconnect the air bag so it will come straight out the dash. disconnect

> air
>> bag wire, Look in the big hole and there is a off yellow/beige little box

> on
>> the upper left hand corner of the air bag hole. loosen the 2 7mm bolts
>> and
>> it is on the top of that box. It will be a 5 digit number. The whole
>> thing
>> sounds a little complicated but I did it in about 15 minutes. NO

> FEAR!!!!!!
>> Put everything back in reverse order.
>> The defualt code does not change--the user can set their own, but the
>> default will still work also.
>>
>> Gerry

> For a 2000 Explorer Sport I believe the code is located on the module that
> you can see through the jack compartment (see prior post) if there is one
> at
> all. During the 2000 Explorer Sport Model year Ford change the security
> system. Vehicle built after 7/24/2000 have a different sort of module that
> may not have the code on a label. The older PATS modules had one code hard
> wired in. The newer central security module is personalized electronically
> when the vehciles are assembled. The dealer should be able to read the
> code
> with their computer equipment.
>
> Ed

Thanks Ed. I took that post actually from Mysporttrac.com, for a Sporttrac-
of course, and they are all 2001+ model years. I know this works for them,
and since the front clip is the same as the sport, I figured this would
help. Just thought it might be another spot to look, because IIRC, the OP
didn't want to go to the dealership.

Gerry

Old July 29th 05, 02:36 PM
C. E. White

> Thanks Ed. I took that post actually from Mysporttrac.com, for a

Sporttrac-
> of course, and they are all 2001+ model years. I know this works for

them,
> and since the front clip is the same as the sport, I figured this would
> help. Just thought it might be another spot to look, because IIRC, the OP
> didn't want to go to the dealership.

It may help, I don't know. However I can understand that the security module
would need to be in a different location for a Sporttrac since the location
where it has been traditionally located on other Explorers (over the rear
wheel wheel in the luggage area) doesn't exist in a Sporttrac.

Ed