Wanted Tire ( Tyre ) Recommendation

Old March 23rd 05, 02:02 AM
Frank Berger

"pws" > wrote in message
> Frank Berger wrote:
> > > wrote in message
> >
> >>On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 12:52:03 -0600, "Frank Berger"
> > wrote:

> > wrote:
> >>>>

> > wrote in message
> om...

> r.com...

> > quality

> > left,

> > told

> > for

> > need

> > little

> > help.

> > choices

> > possible

may

need

> > the

> > you

> >>I didn't say he needed ES100's. I just said I had'em and liked them.

> > He was asking for advice and spelled out his parameters. Given those
> > parameter the ES100 is too much tire for too much money. Your

parameters
> > are presumably different. So you really didn't answer his question.
> >

> >>And I didn't denigrate a whole state. NY city folks have a reputation
> >>for being rude.

> > Oh, you only denigrated New York City. That's OK, then. And not rude.
> >
> > Interestingly, you used the oldest ploy in the book,
> >
> >>trying to deflect the subject from your own rudeness, which started

this.

> > No, what started this is your accusation of rudeness.
> >

> >>If the original poster had been an American, I probably wouldn't have
> >>mentioned it in the first place. But he wasn't, he was a Brit just
> >>trying honestly to get some advice. You were presenting the "Ugly
> >>American" stereotype that we are perceived as being overseas. I wanted
> >>to let him know that all Americans weren't that way.
> >>What you said wasn't horrible or anything like that, it was just rude.
> >>Let's not make a mountain out of a molehill.

> > But you did. And I wasn't rude.
> >

> If you think that responding to a tire recommendation request with an
> answer that includes "Come to think of it, why own a Miata in the first
> place?" is not rude, then we have completely different definitions of
> the word rude.
>
> I don't, however, think that anyone really gives a crap, either about
> your comment or the responses to it. This is usenet, and a fairly
> inactive newsgroup at that. There are no mountains to be made here, I'm
> not sure that we can even manage the molehill.
>
> pat

I simply asked why he owned a Miata, since he hardly drives it, and when he
does he drives it like a granny (his own words). It seems fair to ask why
he owns a Miata. I didn't say he was stupid to own one or didn't have the
right to own one. It was a fair question. Maybe responses like this to a
simple attempt to communicate explains why the newsgroup is relatively
inactive.

You will notice that so far I am the only one who gave him useful
information about his tire request. Which is, given the way he drives, it
really doesn't matter.

Tire Recommendation for '00 GT Vert Y2KRedMustang Ford Mustang 6 February 4th 05 08:28 AM
Recommendation for tire ppp-man BMW 7 February 3rd 05 06:55 AM
Interesting...Expired Tires Patrick Ford Mustang 4 November 10th 04 03:42 AM
Need Tire Recommendation for 97 E39 md BMW 5 September 21st 04 08:27 PM
Subaru Outback Tire Recommendation Needed InfoQuest General 0 May 1st 04 07:23 PM