most popular colors

Old February 18th 05, 06:45 PM
Spike

RE your Marquis de Sade siggy....

He who is flogged by fate and laughs the louder... is a masochist! : )

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 09:22:37 -0500, ZombyWoof >
wrote:

>On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 02:49:07 GMT, (Mike R)
>wrote something wonderfully witty:
>
>>In article . net>, picaza
> wrote:
>>
>>> hi,
>>>
>>> i was wondering what the most popular color for the classic's are. is
>>> there a web site for this?
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>> peter

>>Popularity and production figures aren't always what they seem. According
>>to Kevin Marti's book for 67 to 73 Mustangs, the following years show the
>>highest paint production figures:
>>
>>1967 Lime Gold (I) 73,760
>>1968 Lime Gold (I) 42,724
>>1969 Candyapple Red (T) 38,118
>>1970 Med Alvacado Met (G) 24,838
>>1971 Lt Pewter Met (V) 17,513
>>1972 White (9A) 17,175
>>1973 Bright Red (2B) 14,827
>>

>Avocado ----------------Yeeeech!

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Old February 18th 05, 07:27 PM

I know its not quite 'classic', but I always liked the '85 "Canyon Red
Metallic" color on the '85 GT's.

Old February 19th 05, 06:00 AM
Spike

The 1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 I bought when I returned from Vietnam in
1970 was yellow. And my running partner in 1971 found a brand new,
still full guaranteed 1967 dark green 390 equipped Mustang Fastback at
the local Ford dealer for about $2750. Two weeks after he bought the
car he got orders to Vietnam.

My yellow one, 289 2V C4, with financing in 1970 cost me $1079.00.
The 66 I bought last year, with the original washer bag and all, cost
$14,000. The 65 I bought to replace it cost $9,000 before restoration.

Looking back at the prices of a new one in 65-70 sure as heck makes me
feel sick when I think of what I had and let slip away.... But what
the heck.... It gets even worse when I look at the pump prices....
Gotta be some way to time travel..... : )

Old February 19th 05, 07:19 PM
RichA

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 21:07:56 -0500, ZombyWoof >
wrote:

>Silver Still Shines As Most Popular Car Color
>Basic Paint Takes Top Spot For Fourth Year
>
>What's your favorite color? Chances are when you buy a new car, it's
>silver.
>
>Lorene Boettcher, manager of global design and color marketing at PPG
>Industries, said silver was the most popular vehicle color in the 2004
>model year. It is the fourth straight year that has happened.
>
>Silver was on was on 27 percent of cars made for 2004, up 3 percent
>from last year. For sports and compact cars, silver was on 31 percent
>of the vehicles.

People who buy silver and white cars make me sick.
Don't they know that they can be mistaken for cop
cars and cause undue anxiety to the rest of us?
-Rich
Old February 20th 05, 05:39 PM
John H

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 15:56:17 -0500, ZombyWoof > wrote:

>On 19 Feb 2005 15:59:32 GMT, Joe > wrote
>something wonderfully witty:
>
>>ZombyWoof > wrote in
m:

>>> Silver Still Shines As Most Popular Car Color
>>> Basic Paint Takes Top Spot For Fourth Year
>>>
>>> What's your favorite color? Chances are when you buy a new car, it's
>>> silver.
>>>
>>> Lorene Boettcher, manager of global design and color marketing at

>>PPG
>>> Industries, said silver was the most popular vehicle color in the

>>2004
>>> model year. It is the fourth straight year that has happened.
>>>
>>> Silver was on was on 27 percent of cars made for 2004, up 3 percent
>>> from last year. For sports and compact cars, silver was on 31

>>percent
>>> of the vehicles.
>>>
>>> Other popular colors we
>>> Red and white at 14 percent each
>>> Black, 13 percent
>>> Blue, 12 percent
>>> Naturals such as gold, copper, champagne and lighter shades of

>>brown,
>>> 11 percent
>>> Green, 5 percent
>>>
>>> Globally, silver was also the top choice, followed by white, black,
>>> naturals, blue, red and green.
>>>
>>> Boettcher said silver seems to appeal to people because it gives the
>>> notion that it's modern and has high-tech attributes.
>>>
>>> She said there's also a growing interest in blues -- especially
>>> turquoise shades. Yellow has also been any up & comer over the last
>>> 10 years as well. Especially in the Sports Car segment.

>>Black is my current favorite (the R/T looks simply awesome all blacked
>>out with the chrome OEM wheels), but the LX is, of course, Calypso
>>Green. I hated that color at first, but I've since grown to love it.
>>Back in the early '90s it was the "summer surf" color to get, at least
>>it was down here in SoFla. I used to see (and occasionally still do
>>see) Rangers, Escorts, and of course Mustangs running around all over
>>the place in that color. A few other makers copied it, but Ford had
>>the best version of that color IMO.
>>

>Nothing prettier the a nice clean black Car/Truck, nothing uglier
>5-minutes out of the garage. Love Black, but what a PIA!

Screaming Yellow is the way to go!

The problem is the traffic jams on I-95 between Richmond and Wash. DC caused by
the scores of people trying to catch up or slow down just to get a glimpse of
the yellow '05 GT cruising on the highway!

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes
Old March 6th 05, 12:25 AM
66 6F HCS

"Gumby" > wrote in message
> What ever happened to brown? You don't see many brown cars anymore. I
> remember "metallic brown" was really big in the 70's.

As was Lime Gold Metallic. YECHHH!!!
--
Scott W.
'66 Mustang HCS 289

Old March 6th 05, 01:27 AM
CobraJet

In article >, 66 6F HCS
> wrote:

> "Gumby" > wrote in message
> > What ever happened to brown? You don't see many brown cars anymore. I
> > remember "metallic brown" was really big in the 70's.

> As was Lime Gold Metallic. YECHHH!!!

Did you see the Lime Gold '68 I put in here?

--
CobraJet
Thunder Snake #1
Old March 7th 05, 02:39 AM
66 6F HCS

"CobraJet" > wrote
> Did you see the Lime Gold '68 I put in here?

Haven't been in here for about 6 months. So I guess not.
--
Scott W.
'66 Mustang HCS 289

Old March 7th 05, 03:13 AM
CobraJet

In article >, 66 6F HCS
> wrote:

> "CobraJet" > wrote
> > Did you see the Lime Gold '68 I put in here?

> Haven't been in here for about 6 months. So I guess not.

Wasn't sure how long your NSP archives this group. Mine goes back
several months. Anyway, take a close look at this:

http://members.dancris.com/~cobrajet/Sneaky

Other odds and ends there, if you want to back up the directory.

--
ThunderSnake #1

2003 colors MichaelC541 Mazda 1 February 8th 05 06:19 AM
BIG BROTHER IS COMING!! (was: teen driver alert) GPSMike Driving 92 December 19th 04 10:50 PM
what do the colors mean? UncleNick Saturn 3 June 15th 04 02:30 AM