74 Beetle for sale - Plano, Texas

Old July 27th 05, 05:30 PM
orange74

Default 74 Beetle for sale - Plano, Texas

Hey guys, due to some other financial obligations (specifically, I
need to get foundation work done on my house) the toy needs to go.
It's sad because I haven't had it very long, but first things
first...the house is more important than having a 2nd car. Here's the
facts:

Orange 1974 Standard Beetle - purchased on June 25th. Have not yet
gotten it registered in Texas. Have clear title from previous owner.
Here's what I have done:

Stock Muffler
Headlight Switch
Brake shoes all around
Front Brake cylinders / flex hoses
Master Cylinder
Brand new Solex H30/31PICT carb
Complete tune-up (Plugs, wires, cap, rotor, points, condensor, fuel
filter)
New Coil
Bosch wiper blades
Fuel tank sending unit
Tachometer - in-dash
Oil Temperature guage - in-dash
Hood latch assembly
Driver side mirror
Engine lid seal
H4 headlights (on the way from supplier)
Valve adjustment 7/17/05
Front wheel bearings repacked 7/17/05

Sacrificing for $2000

This car is an excellent and dependable daily driver. Glossy orange
paint, seat covers look new, and carpet is great. The car comes with
a VERY nice stereo, but I'm not sure which component has the problem,
the stereo or the speakers. Stereo powers up and spins the CD, but you
can't hear anything. It may be an easy fix - It's a Sony X-PLOD
stereo and some NICE Kicker speakers in a custom box....These items
go with the car. Also have a brand new Haynes manual still in the
wrapper, and 8 cork valve cover gaskets.

The odometer doesn't work, but everything else in the guage cluster
works. The car is fit and ready for inspection - Everything else in
the car is functional except the emergency flasher. The dome light
even works from both doors. The worst problem that I'm aware of is
that the passenger floor pan will probably need to be repaired or
replaced. Topside looks good, but bottom side needs some attention.

Below are links to pictures, and I'll have better ones posted when I
get them back from the processor. It can also be seen at my office
from 7AM to 4PM: 2637 Summit in Plano, or PM me and we can arrange
for you to swing by my house to take a look in the evening. I hope to
have some MUCH better pictures by the end of the week.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cbryan...&.dnm=13ed.jpg

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cbryan...50.jpg&.src=ph

Thanks guys!
Charlie