Nardelli, what are they thinking?

Old August 6th 07, 01:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
General Schvantzkoph

Default Nardelli, what are they thinking?

Why would Cerberus pick an incompetent like Bob Nardelli to run Chrysler?
Obviously none of the Cerberus people have stepped foot in a Home Depot
lately. Home Depots are much worse then they were before his tenure.

The man is the poster boy for executive excess, hardly the person to ask
the unions for any kind of give backs. His record at Home Depot shows
that he's not the person to take Chrysler in any kind of radical
direction. I've driven Chrysler's for 20 years, I was hopeful that
private management would allow Chrysler to get back to there former
position as an innovator but the Nardelli hiring looks like Cerberus is
only interested in slashing costs and breaking the company up into to
pieces.

Old August 6th 07, 01:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
News

General Schvantzkoph wrote:

> Why would Cerberus pick an incompetent like Bob Nardelli to run Chrysler?
> Obviously none of the Cerberus people have stepped foot in a Home Depot
> lately. Home Depots are much worse then they were before his tenure.
>
> The man is the poster boy for executive excess, hardly the person to ask
> the unions for any kind of give backs. His record at Home Depot shows
> that he's not the person to take Chrysler in any kind of radical
> direction. I've driven Chrysler's for 20 years, I was hopeful that
> private management would allow Chrysler to get back to there former
> position as an innovator but the Nardelli hiring looks like Cerberus is
> only interested in slashing costs and breaking the company up into to
> pieces.

They don't call the firm Cerberus for nothing...

"Cerberus was the watchdog of the Greek underworld and faithful servant
to Hades. He was charged with the job of devouring anyone trying to
return to the land of the living and refused entrance to living humans."
Old August 6th 07, 04:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Richard

Exactly what I was thinking. Way too bad.

Richard

Old August 6th 07, 07:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Scootter

Chrysler is screwed!

Old August 7th 07, 03:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Steve[_1_]

General Schvantzkoph wrote:

> Why would Cerberus pick an incompetent like Bob Nardelli to run Chrysler?
> Obviously none of the Cerberus people have stepped foot in a Home Depot
> lately. Home Depots are much worse then they were before his tenure.
>
> The man is the poster boy for executive excess, hardly the person to ask
> the unions for any kind of give backs. His record at Home Depot shows
> that he's not the person to take Chrysler in any kind of radical
> direction. I've driven Chrysler's for 20 years, I was hopeful that
> private management would allow Chrysler to get back to there former
> position as an innovator but the Nardelli hiring looks like Cerberus is
> only interested in slashing costs and breaking the company up into to
> pieces.

Don't forget outsourcing to China. Ever notice how many Home Depot
"house brand" items are now made in China? Almost as bad as Walmart or
Target.

Old August 9th 07, 07:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Lloyd[_2_]

On Aug 7, 10:25 am, Steve > wrote:
> General Schvantzkoph wrote:
> > Why would Cerberus pick an incompetent like Bob Nardelli to run Chrysler?
> > Obviously none of the Cerberus people have stepped foot in a Home Depot
> > lately. Home Depots are much worse then they were before his tenure.

> > The man is the poster boy for executive excess, hardly the person to ask
> > the unions for any kind of give backs. His record at Home Depot shows
> > that he's not the person to take Chrysler in any kind of radical
> > direction. I've driven Chrysler's for 20 years, I was hopeful that
> > private management would allow Chrysler to get back to there former
> > position as an innovator but the Nardelli hiring looks like Cerberus is
> > only interested in slashing costs and breaking the company up into to
> > pieces.

> Don't forget outsourcing to China. Ever notice how many Home Depot
> "house brand" items are now made in China? Almost as bad as Walmart or
> Target.

Unfortunately, corporate America is like major league sports. Even if
a coach is let go because he has a losing season, another team picks
him up. It's a closed fraternity. A part of the problem stems from
having interlocking boards of directors -- the same people on the
boards of many other companies.

If they really wanted to bring in an outsider, why not Jack Welch?

Old August 10th 07, 04:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Joe[_3_]

> Unfortunately, corporate America is like major league sports. Even if
> a coach is let go because he has a losing season, another team picks
> him up. It's a closed fraternity. A part of the problem stems from
> having interlocking boards of directors -- the same people on the
> boards of many other companies.
>
> If they really wanted to bring in an outsider, why not Jack Welch?

Yeah, it just blows my mind that they'd be that stupid. They could surely
afford to hire somebody a lot cheaper who hasn't been totally discredited
yet.

The bottom line is, they are all on the side of CEO's. Not just chrysler's
board, but all of them.. Boards of Directors are always composed of CEO's
of other companies.

It'll be interesting to see if some stockholders in some company (any
company) are able to get out from under these guys some day. A lot of
times, one officer will get paid more money than the whole company
generates. The stockholders could steal all that money from the CEO, and
maybe keep it.

Cerberus names Bob Nardelli as Chrysler CEO rob Auto Photos 4 August 6th 07 01:32 PM
Thinking of getting a M3 CK BMW 3 April 25th 06 10:57 AM
What Was She Thinking? Laura Bush murdered her boy friend Driving 1 January 26th 06 01:55 AM
Thinking about a new BMW, how much to pay? Jack Dotson BMW 5 June 13th 05 11:52 PM
We'll be thinking of you, Jan... Shag VW air cooled 5 May 26th 05 10:58 PM